Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1641 - 1660 of 1667 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I thought I'd introduce myself by way of a picture...
I'm currently an ER6F owner as I'm looking after this one for my wife who's planning to pass her test over the summer.

(my own bike is a Fantic Caballero Scrambler 500 and put simply if the road is twisty I prefer mine but when the road gets swoopy I'm enjoying riding the ER6F a lot)
Welcome to the forum :)

Nice bike and pic, Metalic Diablo black with the titanium spring was my favorite of the faired versions.

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 650
16 Posts
I’m usually in that same boat and was hesitant at first. But I weighed the benefit of added visibility without having to wear a high vis jacket and decided to give it a go. This set also has a cool feature, they are wired to the brake power line so no matter which color/display setting they’re on, when you hit the brakes they all immediately turn red for added visibility while breaking. Awesome feature imo.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I’m usually in that same boat and was hesitant at first. But I weighed the benefit of added visibility without having to wear a high vis jacket and decided to give it a go. This set also has a cool feature, they are wired to the brake power line so no matter which color/display setting they’re on, when you hit the brakes they all immediately turn red for added visibility while breaking. Awesome feature imo.
The brake light feature is very smart indeed, maybe manufacturers should take notice as they can do amazing things with led technology to improve safety!

·
Registered
2018 Ninja 650
16 Posts
That’d be pretty cool. I think the flashing brake light (forget the actual term) should become standard on new bikes, might be already not sure. But definitely an amazing aftermarket feature that makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Sorry for the mess, but here's my rebuild I picked up for $400, still a long way to go... If you have any suggestions let me know. Just picked up a full set of fairings for $120 that I'm going to repair and custom paint.
Great, enjoy the rebuild and keep us posted!

What about a black - gold faired edition?

Or black with titanium spring and details?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great, enjoy the rebuild and keep us posted!

What about a black - gold faired edition?

Or black with titanium spring and details?
Not a bad idea, I definitely want to incorporate some sort of green though, it's my favorite color. I already bought a spray gun, just waiting on the plastifix, and going to buy an airbrush gun for more details. But also need to buy a new chain, rear sprocket, maybe the front, brake MC (getting a used one off a zx6r), ss brake lines, new throttle cables, might buy an oem coolant reservoir or fabricate my own, need a seat (which I'll be doing a custom cover), going to fabricate and weld my own crash cage, new tires, new pads, etc

1641 - 1660 of 1667 Posts