Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought a baffle for $24 from a shop and cut it down to fit. it sounds just a little bit louder that the akrapovic.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
i ran a stright pipe on my old one for a while, just a tip basically, that shit LOUD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that straight pipe sounds like a harley, that's why i put baffle and fiberglass sheet in it. it's still loud as hell but it sound like a sportsbike.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
any chance for a video sound clip or something?

Would love to do something similiar to my 2005 zx6R...
or just get a zx-10r and do that as not like it is going to miss any HP.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine is a little different. It is loud as hell, and I've been told that I have shot flames from it. I also had an explosion like backfire on the freeway a few days ago.

P.S. where in cali are you? I am in Tustin.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by ru567
i have a 2000 zx6r i wanna cut my can in half does anyone know how this will affect my bike?
Do it!.... you might find a pearl. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by ru567
i have a 2000 zx6r i wanna cut my can in half does anyone know how this will affect my bike?
Haha, yea, that would be nice if you found a pearl, but I have noticed that my bro's 04 636 can do laps around my 03 636 (Both bikes have no performance upgrades - my 03 636 has a straight pipe).

I also notice if I hold in the clutch at high revs, the revs come down, and want to keep going. It doesn't stop at 1300rpm's like it should, it often goes, and dies.

Oh, and who know what kind of wear is happening to my motor from lack of backpressure and the occasional backfires...

Oh, and my bike is so damn loud! I personally like it loud, but it sucks sometimes, like when I come home late, and I don't want to wake the entire city...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.