Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup ppl...
So I go to school today, and an old buddy from long ago yells my name. So I talk to him n' stuff, then he gets to the point: He has a done up vet late 90's model, pushin 670hp on the dyno...and he thinks he can smoke me. So we start arguing bout who will beat who, and we start making a Science out of why I think I can beat him, and why he thinks he can beat me, and by now, about 30 ppl hav gathered around. So I just tell him lets just stop talking, and lets go race. He says ok, but he, thinking he's a bad boi, says we'll bet over money, and talks of around 7 bills progress. I have in mind a place to race that goes for about 2 km's b4 next red light, on highway 7. Ffrom light to light, its shaped like the letter J, a straight, a bend, then a nice straight. Now the whole school is talking about it...Wut do u guys think, shud I race him? Any pointers wud be nice 2..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you talking about the spot on highway 7 near Go Go's by the bridge?[8D]
I wouldn't race him. A stock Mustang will do 13 seconds in a 1/4 mile and his car has well more then double the hp of the 5.0 and it is a lot lighter.[8)]
Your bike will do anywhere from 10 sec to 12 sec on the 1/4 mile. If this dudes vette is for real, he will probably smoke you. Plus he may have NOS.. blah, blah, blah.
Don't race him, definately don't bet him, try to stall until winter.:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Tell him I'll race him on my 750 ;)

I say go for it, if stakes are low. What's there to lose? Can you drag race? How heavey are you? What is your 60'?

I ran an [email protected] (strapped) on my '00 ZX6R, haven't had much trouble so far with claimed 500 hp V8s. Shrug. My bud who IS a better drag racer on bikes than I runs [email protected] on his GSXR750, shrug.

Not many street cars run that out where I live.

What doe shis '650 hp' vette look like? Big tubbed out wheels? Drags/slicks? Wheelei bars? Stay away. Does he have ladder bars? Can he launch?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol....funniest thing ever.. I played it all cool, like I was up to it no problem, and I was, even if I was to lose, except for the money thing...and guess what? HE CHICKENED OUT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! IWIN..sometimes its a mental game...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I raced an '02 TA w/ 350 once when I had my 02 6R, I was actually surprised at how close he was to keeping up with me. I thought that it would be no problem but that car really moves.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's good the other guy copped out and decided to not race. In my opinion, it wasn't a good idea to race anyways. Think of it this way... if you both were to race the full 2 km's, then I think he would have probably pulled away. He's got the "claimed" horsepower where his top end would be probably substantial but then again, anything could happen. I personally have never seriously raced any other vehicles and don't intend to do so either but from time to time I do open it up when I'm riding with my group of friends. There's nothing like riding with your best buds!

Rob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Don't know man, there's an engine shop in Pickering at Brock Road, they only do Corvettes, I'm not a big corvette fan, but these guys are fucked, twin turbo vettes, some crazy shit, some of those things are pushing 700-800+, not sure if I'd want to go up against one.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think that shop in Pickering was Agostino's, which has moved to near the airort now...a customer of mine...
So anyways, if the Vette in question really had 670 hp, it would most likely win a race.
My Mustang has 442 rwhp and a yr or 2 old GSXR1000 has a hard time getting away from me at the lights. I have also driven away from a fairly new GSXR750 on the hwy from about 40 mph. He gave me a thumbs up when he caught up!! LOL!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Youd take him off the line, but he would end up smoking you because of the 2kms. If it was a 1/8 or 1/4 mile id say go for it but then again youre still taking your chances. Last year a friend of a friend brought up his Lambo and we tried to race him, our reaction time was perfect and we took him right away but on the straight stretch but he caught up and then left us like we were standing still.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my buddy has a brand new subaru wrx sti with a shitpile of work done to it. It's pushing somewhere around 400hp and about 450 lb ft at the crank. my '01 6R smoked it lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.