Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D its exciting! I'm taking the classes the day after I turn 18. I'm so excited...

[B)]wait'll my parents find out though...

EDIT: its not that they're against it... but they're not for it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
do you mean MSF ;) That's the best step you did as a start [:M120]
and I assure you, you'll learn a lot so good luck and ride safe [:M121]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You'll be glad you took the class. I took it 13 years ago and still use some of the stuff taught when I need to. It's a lot of defensive riding skills you'll learn.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mailed my $ and my copy of my DL this morning~ good stuff~! ^^ and I saw a 500R yesterday when I went out to the movies, and I like it! Of course, I'd like a 636 but... as someone put it, I wanna learn to RIDE a motorcycle, not learn to ride a MOTORCYCLE. ^^ :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
as someone put it, I wanna learn to RIDE a motorcycle, not learn to ride a MOTORCYCLE.
[:++1]

Thats why I got my 500 after I took the msf this year. Great bike to learn on. Plenty of power for fun at all legal speeds.... and above;), but easy to learn on, and much more margin for error than a 636. Plus, cheap insurance!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry if this next question prys a bit, but-
how much do you pay for insurance? if you can't answer that, can you give me a range?

·
Registered
875 Posts
there are too many factors, depends on how high your liability limits are and if you have full coverage (collision, theft, etc).
If its just liability, it won't be too much more, but when you add full coverage, the rate skyrockets for what they classify as "high performance bikes" esp if you are young.

I paid about 450 for the year for full coverage on my 500 with moderate liability rates, not the most, but not the least either. It would have been almost 1100 for the exact same coverage through the same company on a zx6r, oh and i think the deductible was a few hundred higher too

·
Registered
266 Posts
Full coverage on my 05 ZX-6R is 38/month through State Farm, and my record isn't perfect either. I don't know if all State Farms go by the same rating method, but here they only rate it by "CC's" & not by "class of bike".

·
Registered
182 Posts
3 words about the msf course. F*ck the box! Don't be afraid to put your foot down. Take the points, dont drop your bike. :) good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.