Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the latest thread on the new 2007 zx6r and I read that they are stopping the 636 line. Well does that mean that our 636 bikes will go up in value. I know there is a market for bikes between 600cc and 1000cc. That's what sold me on the 636 besides, any other 600 model. I couldn't have made a better choice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
time will tell. I personally wouldnt pay more for a 636. I mean I used to have an 05 and loved the thing but I mean the newer 600's are making as much power as the 636 so its not really needed

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
[:+1]

You'll probably continue to read about them in magazines as a revolution that started in 2003. They're great bikes, but unless it's a muscle car, most people don't care about older vehicles, so it's out with the old and in with the new.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by racedfila749
time will tell. I personally wouldnt pay more for a 636. I mean I used to have an 05 and loved the thing but I mean the newer 600's are making as much power as the 636 so its not really needed
You think you can get 128hp out of a 599cc???

Also they will never look as good as a 05/06 ZX6R. Gixxer don't even come close:(

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
They didnt stop making the 636. Go to your local dealer on Tuesday and ask them. They may have some info on it after the show.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If they stop making them, they will be worth slightly more than a 600 but could drop in value if Kawi were to hype up and put out something like a 650 or 675 because that would negate the 636 as a slightly more potent 600.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The 636 is dead.
I voiced my concern about them killing it, and was told the new 600 will blow it away.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Bike do not and will not gain any value like a compairable car does. The 636 will be worth no more than the current 600 or replacement model is worth.

Unless you ahve some rare race bike then there is nothing to be gained from hording the 636's and holding onto them for 20 years then trying to get $20k for a immaculate model.

It is the progression of the motorcycle and happens almost every 4 years like clockwork.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can believe a 599 can make the same ammount of horsepower as the 636. Now making the same type/size of torque curve as the 636 is going to be the tricky part.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by SubHuman
I can believe a 599 can make the same ammount of horsepower as the 636. Now making the same type/size of torque curve as the 636 is going to be the tricky part.
Yep. Hope the new one isn't gonna be like the R6 (read: cant hold a candle to 636's midrange)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyws6
Bike do not and will not gain any value like a compairable car does. The 636 will be worth no more than the current 600 or replacement model is worth.

Unless you ahve some rare race bike then there is nothing to be gained from hording the 636's and holding onto them for 20 years then trying to get $20k for a immaculate model.

It is the progression of the motorcycle and happens almost every 4 years like clockwork.
thats not true. there are alot of bikes that will retain or possibly go up in value as time goes on. for instance, ducatis, mide 90's honda rc45s/30s, old brit bikes, etc. . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.