Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have the money to buy something like this at all, but perhaps someone here does and may find this interesting. Metmachex makes a single sided swingarm for the ZX6R, would look bad ass in my opinion. Also, I would love to see the headlights from the borderline custom's project bike on the ZZR/ZX6R, they look crazy!

·
Registered
129 Posts
RAM makes the nicest ssswingarms. but theyll run ya' about $4-5k usd. i'd love to have one.. but i could do a lot of things to my bike for that amount of cash. if i was loaded, i'd do it in the blink of an eye as i love the look (mind you.. if i was loaded i'd just buy my 998r and toss the 6r.... what can i say ducati is in my heart).

http://www.ram.mc you can get them in alu or mag, with dual or single caliper rear brakes, and they come with their own nifty carbon chain guard/hugger.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yea thats some cake!! if u had tons of money it just wouldnt feel the same to have the single sided swing arm. when ur low on cash but u work mad overtime to get it then it feels so goood.. i still wish i was rich tho hah

·
Registered
939 Posts
a single sided swingarm wouldn't be to hard to do. it would be the same as swapping any other swing arm.
1)make a spacer for the pivot axle.
2) cut the s wingarm down or add washers to make it fit our bike.
then decide what single sided swingarm you want to use..
ducati.. or old honda nighthawk.

·
Registered
709 Posts
the problem with most SS swingarm is the rims they fit are pretty ugly. keep in mind you also have to swap a lot more than just the swingarm if that's what you're doing. rear brake, shock, shock mounts to top if it's different, gotta make the sprockets line up, all kinds of fun stuff

stuff like this is sexy though

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Originally posted by Lyzic
the problem with most SS swingarm is the rims they fit are pretty ugly.
i have to dissagree about the ugly wheel thing. there are a lot of good looking single sidded wheels out there. more than just the plain jane 3 spokes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.