Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck removing the sissy bars on a 2000 6R? I have heard they sell plugs or caps or something to cover the holes in the fairing. Any thoughts?

THanks.
Bry

Winning is a lot like having sex....It doesn't seem like that big a deal until you actually DO it...

·
Registered
778 Posts
They do sell plugs, but usually don't match the paint / pattern and you can tell they were plugged. I am not sure where you can get them More Expensively you can get it filled in and repainted.

I have seen some ZX6R's that have been tipped over and those bars saved the plastic.

I don't like them either but they are great for pushing the bike around.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I shaved mine, fiber glassed over the holes and my tail looks clean. I like it a lot better without the handles. I've never seen any plugs that look good.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
When the guy crashed my old 99 zx6r, the handles saved the rear plastic. It took all the damage, it was amazing. I actually like them, they're great for putting the bike on a rear stand, or just moving it. When I move anotehr bike I miss them. And since I take the wife sometimes, I was initially drawn to the 6R because it was the only bike that had considered passengers. Have you ever tried holding onto on of those straps that go across the passenger seat? They're terrible, I tried it once and it stretched to sh!t. But if I was just a track bike I might remove them, but they are handy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just put a sticker over the hole. I don't like the idea of my passengers useing them. I would like to make sure they don't try to lean the oppisit direction as I.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.