Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, do you guys like to stand on the front or back pegs? When I stand on the pegs, it feels like it'd be easy to go over the front and it seems clumsier to turn the throttle.

The only difference between a dream and reality is the price you are willing to pay

·
Registered
248 Posts
It may feel a little awkward at first with the stand ups, but once you get used to them you won't really be doing sit downs that much(I know that I don't). I prefer standing on the front pegs so that it enables me to shift throught the gears, but it is easier to find the balance point on the rears. I wouldn't really worry about going over the front, b/c I've come down really hard from missing third at about 80mph and didn't for one bit feel like I was going to go over. Hope this helps, good luck and be safe bro....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys, I've never tried a stand-up wheelie and I want to do it soon. All my wheelies up till now have been sit down. Is the stand-up easier or harder? Which do you prefer? What's your favorite method of doing it? Thanks for the input!

The only difference between a dream and reality is the price you are willing to pay

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have JUST started doing second gear standups by bouncing the bike up and in my on PERSONAL opinion I like the standup wheelie a whole lot more. I just cant find the damn balance point yet:( I also like how you can easily see how high your front wheel is in the air when you do a stand up. I was never good at looking around the side of the bike while doing a sit down:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I have been doing wheelies for only a few months (only had the bike since Feb.) and haven't really attempted too many stand-ups, but my sit-downs rock. I can ride em pretty far and I'm so comfortable with the balance point now that I have to look around the fairing to see the road. I've only tried stand-ups a few times, and I think they are awkward feeling as hell, but I'm going to keep practicing until I get em down good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Standups are the way to go. But it balances much higher than a sit up.

Accelerate fast in 2nd to 65-75. Close the throttle and chop it open fast while pulling and standing up at the same time. GURANTEED lift off. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive always done standups, its how i learned. i can hit balance in third on standup but just hit it in second so im perfecting it still. sometimes ill standup when i start and then sit down and peek out to the left, it seems pretty easy to touch the balance in a sit down but i just dont trust them yet. F the back pegs, i wanna feel the brake under my right foot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.