1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
i used to be IN LOVE with the 916/748 when they first showed pics in the mags.. Now I think they look like some kinda weird flounder. Your friend did a AWESOME job on his tho.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Ken from Superbike Italia is a great guy. He set up my suspension at Barber, and I bought him case of beer. :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
[Maybe] I am a dick, but after reading the page and seeing "11 months later" everywhere, I expected more. I also liked the yellow much more.

Either way, nice bike.

--David

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[Maybe] I am a dick, but after reading the page and seeing "11 months later" everywhere, I expected more. I also liked the yellow much more.

Either way, nice bike.

--David

lol...to each his own. i just have to ask what more could have been done with it?? every single nut and bolt has been removed and either cleaned or replaced. and that paint job, well the pics dont do it justice. in person its like a mirror finish. oddyseys paint is 2nd to none my friend.

·
Neutered
9,785 Posts
It has to be exactly as ducati intended or sky will not approve.:rolleyes:
:plusone:

Nah, that's not true...but all I can see in the pics is that he color-coordinated the thing. It looks alright, but it's not my cup-o-tea, so it seems like a silly way to spend that kinda money and time, especially when there's so much truly bad ass stuff out there for the 916. Take that money, keep the OEM paint scheme, and drop in a 955 kit with worked crank and rods from Fox Performance, mag braced swingarm, mag 10-spoke wheels, some little CF accents...I mean you'd have a much better bike for the same amount of money and MUCH less manual labor. IMO. :dunno:

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
:plusone:

Nah, that's not true...but all I can see in the pics is that he color-coordinated the thing. It looks alright, but it's not my cup-o-tea, so it seems like a silly way to spend that kinda money and time, especially when there's so much truly bad ass stuff out there for the 916. Take that money, keep the OEM paint scheme, and drop in a 955 kit with worked crank and rods from Fox Performance, mag braced swingarm, mag 10-spoke wheels, some little CF accents...I mean you'd have a much better bike for the same amount of money and MUCH less manual labor. IMO. :dunno:
+1

I would spend money on performance upgrades LONG before Aesthetics.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.