Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayed the Dragon @ Deals Gap!!

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Red_ninja_9r 
#1 ·
I am glad to be able to say that I am now an official "Dragon Slayer"!! My husband and I went this past week to the famed "tail of the dragon" US129! It was absolutely amazing! We rode it a total of 8 times, and I am already planning when we can go back!!! I will attach a couple of pics from killboy.com!!
Bottom line: Absolutely - Exhilerating - Draggin' Knee - Curvy Ride!! :D :D :D

God bless!!
Heather

See less See more
#4 ·
Me too!!! Just got back 15mins ago!!!!

#5 ·
I was there in June. I didn't have my leather suit then, but I have never dragged knee yet anyways.

Good pics, awesome road, I have been twitching to get back myself. Life just hasn't been the same since leaving. I want to pack my shit up and live down there.

#6 ·
Awesome kilaman!!:D Me and my hubby got that same exact picture!! I bet you guys had a great time!!

I know rockstar, we would love to buy some property down there too! It actually is not too expensive... www.tailofthedragon.com has a cabin listed there for 80 grand....
i really cannot wait to go back!
Thanks for the compliment on the pics, that is the first pics I have of me riding, so it was very exciting! Thanks!! :)

#10 ·
Originally posted by ninja
Awesome kilaman!!:D Me and my hubby got that same exact picture!! I bet you guys had a great time!!

I know rockstar, we would love to buy some property down there too! It actually is not too expensive... www.tailofthedragon.com has a cabin listed there for 80 grand....
i really cannot wait to go back!
Thanks for the compliment on the pics, that is the first pics I have of me riding, so it was very exciting! Thanks!! :)
I only got to ride it once though! In SHORTS and T-SHIRT at that!!!! (Waiting for Killboy to load the pics of me looking REAL SQUIDLY!!!!!) Rode to Robbinsville after we left Road Atlanta Sunday, unloaded the bikes, and still in shorts hit "The Dragon". I had all my gear and wanted to get a "To Squid or not to Squid" Pics from Killboy. But it rained us out Monday before I could get the Full Gear picture. But the rain didn't stop everyone up there, they just kept riding!!

#11 ·
We did hit it in the Land Rover though in the rain!!!

#13 ·
One guy had a bad day!

#14 ·
Wow!! I would love to live that close!! That would be awesome! Then all of the locals wouldnt be trying to pass!!
I really cant wait to go back!
Did Killboy put your pics on there yet kilman? We went on the 27th and 30th, and the 30ths are finally up! Maybe yours will be too!

#17 ·
Originally posted by ninja
Wow!! I would love to live that close!! That would be awesome! Then all of the locals wouldnt be trying to pass!!
I really cant wait to go back!
Did Killboy put your pics on there yet kilman? We went on the 27th and 30th, and the 30ths are finally up! Maybe yours will be too!
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=04RK00781A1508&po=1509&c=

Yeah they are up! Sunday (3rd) sportbikes. Two sets of pics, one set at photo #1509-1511, then photo #1586-1591. Thats me on the green and gold zx9, and my boy Ron on his blue Busa.

#19 ·
#20 ·
#21 ·
Deal's Gap Part 2 coming this weekend!!!!!!!

#22 ·
Kila -

Looks like we're just gonna miss each other - I'll be getting into Murphy sometime late Monday (the 2nd), and will be leaving the area on Friday, the 6th. Bummer [:M38]

Depending on our arrival time, we're probably going to make my first pass at the dragon Tuesday Morning (monday night we'll be setting up the trailer & unloading the bikes. And drinking beer, lol.

#23 ·
DANG IT!! I just gonna be an overnight trip for us. Gettin there Sat afternoon, ride, sleep, wake up, ride, load up. home.

#26 ·
I live about 2.5 hrs away. My friends and I ae going next spring once it warms it up again. WV weather sucks! I am the only one of my friends cool enough to have a ninja but its okay. Looking forward to "Slaying The Dragon"

p.s. ( Anyone between southern WV and The Gap interested in riding the entire trip, email me at mustang_99_35th@hotmail.com and we can plan a big group trip!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.