Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was putting the bike back together tonight after my Gap trip (new tires, chain, sprockets) & i noticed a slight bend in the front wheel, is this something i need to be worried about?? is there somewhere i can send it to get it straightened out?? or should i just leave it & not worry about it & just keep an eye on it to make sure it don't get worse??? if it comes down to it i'll buy a new front rim but if its repairable i'll send it out asap, thanks in advance (fucking indiana shit hole roads :cussing: )

·
Registered
372 Posts
I cant help you but i do have the same thing on my rear But hardly noticable. When i spin it you can tell by the change in the reflection. I havent been able to find anyone that fixes motorcycle wheels around my area. Hope some one has an answer.

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
if its holding air, and runs true(aside from the bulge), it should be fine.
did u hit a rock or something?

my buddy hit a rock on his r1, the wheel bulged out on both side, just a bit.

you can send it out to be repaired, for piece of mind. but he ran his for prob 10k+ till he wrecked, and destroyed both wheels.

can you get a pic of it? so we can see how bad it really is?

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if its holding air, and runs true(aside from the bulge), it should be fine.
did u hit a rock or something?

my buddy hit a rock on his r1, the wheel bulged out on both side, just a bit.

you can send it out to be repaired, for piece of mind. but he ran his for prob 10k+ till he wrecked, and destroyed both wheels.

can you get a pic of it? so we can see how bad it really is?
honestly i dont' think i'd be able to get a picture of it, its only a small & i mean SMALL bend, its prob one of the MILLIONS of potholes that we have around here (one reason why i need to move to TN :D where can it be sent out too just in case it gets worse??

Reactions: 68GTS

·
Powerhungry
38,369 Posts
honestly i dont' think i'd be able to get a picture of it, its only a small & i mean SMALL bend, its prob one of the MILLIONS of potholes that we have around here (one reason why i need to move to TN :D where can it be sent out too just in case it gets worse??
its prob fine man. my buddies wheel had a good bulge. but it rode fine, didnt cause any problems.

theres a site...ive seen it on here.

try a search "wheel repair"

i think brit636 knows about a place.:confused:

OR, you should be able to take it to ANY machine shop, and have it fixed. i know the machine shop i go to for other things, always has a stack of wheels.

mostly car, but ive seen bike stuff there. along with fork tubes too.
you would be AMAZED at what a good machine shop can do.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its prob fine man. my buddies wheel had a good bulge. but it rode fine, didnt cause any problems.

theres a site...ive seen it on here.

try a search "wheel repair"

i think brit636 knows about a place.:confused:

OR, you should be able to take it to ANY machine shop, and have it fixed. i know the machine shop i go to for other things, always has a stack of wheels.

mostly car, but ive seen bike stuff there. along with fork tubes too.
you would be AMAZED at what a good machine shop can do.
well thats good to know, it'll prob be a winter project then, i know my buddy has like 4 bends on his rear & that thing still rides fine, but the front is a bit different ya know

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
If it's really bothering you, try tapping it out with a rubber/plastic mallet.

--David

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's really bothering you, try tapping it out with a rubber/plastic mallet.

--David
you think that would be strong enough to get it back in place??

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would depend on how strong you are, and the durometer of the rubber. So, maybe. :D
lol you'd be amazed at the strength i get when i picture the ex's head being beat w/ a mallet :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Yes, tapping it will work. J_fukin_t, notice that I said "tap", not smash.

The same can be done as a temporary fix for warped rotors.

--David

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, tapping it will work. J_fukin_t, notice that I said "tap", not smash.

The same can be done as a temporary fix for warped rotors.

--David
nice maybe i'll try that, well if i notice any weird vibration or if it tracks differently

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wouldn't trust a wheel that was bent. i think its time you got some dubs on that shit with spinna's! that or maybe just sell the bike and get a busa *nod*
fuck i didn't even think of that, i'll likely do the chrome exchange program :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i bent the lip on mine pretty bad once, i used a bar of nylon and a 3lb hammer and beat it out. still a slight bulge in it, but there's no issues result from it. been like that for 3 years now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts