Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed since i got my bike that it feels like the clutch is slow to disengage. theres like a slight second where i have the clutch lever fully in and the if revved it would move slightly. im sure that all i have to do turn the clutch cable but which way? do i take off some slack or give it some?

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
u want to screw in the adjuster on the left handle bar if u want more clutch, how many miles on the bike, maybe its time for a new clutch

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the clutch doesnt really slip. i have no quirks about the clutch except that. bike has about 11600 on it now. its just the disengaging thing. i know when u dont have any slack the clutch will slip but if u have too much will it stay engaged?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hell yea i got wayyyy more than that. cool thanx. i think its going to rain tomorrow so i dunno if i'll get a chance to do it but ima try my best and post up.

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
hell yea i got wayyyy more than that. cool thanx. i think its going to rain tomorrow so i dunno if i'll get a chance to do it but ima try my best and post up.
thats the problem, its not disengaging the clutch completely.

if you end up adjusting the top out too far, before it gets tight. theres also an adjuster down by the clutch itself.(right side cover)

turn the top screw all the way in. then take the slack out from the bottom. then finish setting it with the top adjuster.
i hope that made sense.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm when u say a nickles width u mean on its flat side or thin side? lol. if its not that any idea wat else it could be?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh wow that little? i have like 3-4 times that much. ok cool i'll adjust it as soon as i can. thanx again nevada

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
oh wow that little? i have like 3-4 times that much. ok cool i'll adjust it as soon as i can. thanx again nevada
yep. no problem.
by the sound of it. you might need to adjust most of that out from the lower adjuster. so turn the top adjuster IN all the way. then adjust the lower.
then fine tune with the upper.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts