Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve been working on this for weeks now, and gone through a boatload of fiberglass and sandpaper. Its almost ready to be mounted, just needs a little bondo to fill in minor flaws and a couple mounts installed. It started as a rashed up CBR1000RR tail (ebay win for $10) and the light is the 2 side pods off a Ninja 250 inverted and attached together.

Keep in mind this is going a streetfighter so it doesn't need to flow with the stock body of a 6R. I've made my own nose fairing as well.

My bike will probably be for sale come spring if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
939 Posts
i think it is sick. cant wait to see it on the bike. im thinking black is going to look bad ass with a tail like that.
glad to see your still making something crazy

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It probably won't get painted till next spring, but we'll see. Black is the color of choise, with a set of silver racing stripes over the top nose to tail, not completely decided on that yet.

I'll be modifying my stock subframe, cutting it down, raising the rear, and maybe slimming it a hair too. Thats the part that will take some doing.

It'll also require cutting my seat a little narrower at the back, and then probably re-uphostery. I'll also have to alter or refab a new mount where the seat hooks in because I'll be getting rid of my passenger seat/key access. Then while I'm at it I'll move the battery box in behind the engine - have you guys seen how much room there is under there?!?

It's a big project, but I'm enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
This should be interesting and possibly REALLY sweet mod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.