Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was gettin on the throttle fairly hard, I was shifting at around 15k from 3rd to 4th, 4th to 5th, 5th to 6th but when I went into 6th about a second later my bike hit rev limiter as if I was in neutral.

I hit the brakes instantly, didn't bother to look at speed or anything but unless I suddenly got one hell of a backdraft I don't think I was actually hitting the limiter in 6th. Could my clutch have slipped (but only in 6th??) or is it somehow possible that it didn't go to 6th all the way? My clutch doesn't slip at all in the lower gears, which obviously is where it would be more noticeable.. :confused:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A false neutral diagnosis fits the symptoms, but I thought that was more of a problem at lower speeds and when using the clutch? I wasn't clutching and was doing somewhere in the 140+ ballpark.

· Powerhungry
39,282 Posts
A false neutral diagnosis fits the symptoms, but I thought that was more of a problem at lower speeds and when using the clutch? I wasn't clutching and was doing somewhere in the 140+ ballpark.
do you have stock gearing?

how much freeplay do you have at the clutch perch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.