Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having mucho problemas with my bike the past month or so. After a long ride, it just started lugging and cutting off on the way home. The engine will wind down like I've cut the throttle, then when I pull in the clutch the engine will just die. I have to put it at rest, let it sit a minute, the FI restarts, then I can start it up again. Then I'll last about 10 minutes till it does it again. Then 6 minutes, then 5 then 4 then 2. Then it's happening right after I start moving. The only way I made it home was to rev it way up and feather the clutch. This seemed to help a little, even though it was still lugging. This was all after having my muzzy slip on for about 3 weeks problem free. So my first reaction was to get a PCIII and dl a map. So I did, using the Two bro's slip on map from Dynojet. Things were going well, then after 2 more weeks it happened again. So my next fix was to take it in to the dealer. They test rode it, couldn't find anything on the diagnostics for a couple days, so I just took it back. Happens again. So yesterday I switch back to the stock exhaust. Just got back from running it hard with no problems. I still have to test it some more, but does that sound like a scenario that happens often with slip ons? I've never heard of a bike getting that f'ed up with such a small change in air flow. Plus the PC didn't help. Any ideas?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm pretty new to FI bikes. If the way FI bikes are tuned to learn driving styles and habbits, maybe the ECM bank should be reset. My buick t-type would do the same if it had an open dump pipe from the turbo. it would kinda feel boggy with a higher timing chip for C17 Race gas. I would have to disconnect the ECM fuse or the (-) battery terminal to reset the ECU parameters and clear it's flash memory and then to relearn the new setup. works like a charm every time. I'm uncertain if this is the same on bikes.

...still learning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.