Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2019 ZX-6R and noticed it didn’t have any kind of slip on exhaust. Plan on just ordering me one but was wondering is there a specific kind I need to buy for my bike? Didn’t notice it until after I bought the bike so my other question, would it be bad for my to ride my bike back and forth to work for about a week with it missing? Will upload a picture to show yal what I’m talking about. Thanks in advance.
Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Hood

·
40,799 Posts
It'll be extremely loud and the missing muffler will cause your air/fuel ratio to be on the lean side. Your ECU will try to correct it by adding more fuel, but I don't know if it will actually be able to compensate enough. If it were mine, I wouldn't ride it.

As far as brands go, pick one. They'll all do about the same thing but the exhaust tone will vary by manufacturer. With name brand (high end) parts, you get better fit and finish and in some cases the ability to buy replacement parts without the need to buy a whole new kit. If it were mine, I'd put an Akropovic on it without consideration for anything else, but that's just my preference. Yoshimura is another good brand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same bike, I just installed the Graves Works2 Slip-on. I have also ordered the Graves titanium headers. Headers will be here Tuesday.

The Graves works2 allows you to run the slip-on now, and add the headers later and it’s all a direct fit so you’d have a full CF/Ti exhaust system.

The Graves Works2 slip-on is expensive. but Biohazardcycles has it for $719. which is not bad. And, it includes that carbon exhaust mount that replaces the passenger foot peg. The works2 is all carbon fiber and all titanium! So, with time all of the piping turns blue/purple colors. It’s sick!

The sound is DEEP!! Can’t wait for the headers.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Crankset

1 - 3 of 3 Posts