Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...need your help again.

I just bought a used (BUT IN VERY GOOD SHAPE)D&D slip-on for a great price from localbar and just got it in today...

First off, I want ya'll to know that local is a great guy for selling me this slip on at such a good price (in which I'm not going to tell ya'll how much)

but the fact is...is that I'm a do'er...even though I don't know what i'm doing half the time.

I started to install this slip-on this evening and ran into some problems...

perhaps its that I just don't understand what I need to do. Local sent me the installation instructions, but they are in another language =)

I removed my stock can by releasing the 3 bolts at the bottom of my can and the one connecting to the foot peg for the passenger.

I go to put the slip on on, and I dont see how i'm going to connect my can at the bottom because the bolts are pretty much permanate in my stock muffler. I mean, I can find some bolts that will hold it, but is that what I'm supposed to do? Will it hurt it?

Someone give me a run down on what to do. I would have asked local personally, but I want to see if I can't complete this tonight so I didn't want to wait on him to reply to my email.

Again, I want to let ya'll know that this email is in NO way trying to degrade local's products that he sells from time to time to people is lame. THE SLIP ON IS GREAT!!! It's just that I'm still a bike newbie and pretty much threw away the instructions he sent. And I'm impatient.

local has been nothing buy helpful...

Someone have any ideas?

oh yeah...its a D&D slip on and I have an 02 6R.

Thanks...

Ahh suck!

Edited by - Marine on 10/22/2002 22:33:26

Edited by - Marine on 10/23/2002 00:25:24

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah the bolts on the OEM pipe stay on the pipe when ya remove it. The slip-on (if new) would have came with three new bolts (loose - not attached to the pipe in most cases). Since you don't have 'em, just buy something the same width as what's on the OEM pipe. Roughtly the same length too. Throw some lock-tight on em, and maybe check em every now and then to make sure they're tight since they're not the 100% right bolts. No harm at all.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Minor mishap taken care of. The bolts are on the way.
Should be there by Saturday.

Localbar owes me $3.85, though :)

BC.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics of my bike are coming very soon.

The last thing I want to do before I start posting pics is polish my rims. I think I'm going to do this next weekend.

In Oklahoma its been nothing but rainy and cold for the past almost 2 weeks!!!

I don't really mind the cold too much, but when its rainy and cold...Marine sticks with a car.

Ahh suck!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the needed bolts...everything is on there and it looks and sounds great!!

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.