Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 zx6r. I wanted to make it louder on a modest budget can anyone recommend to me a good sounding slip on?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hindles are reasonably priced and as loud as they come.

I ordered Akrapovic, but they ain't cheap. If I was tighter for budget there's no two ways about it I'd be going Hindle...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
431 Posts
Try e-bay...I picked up a D&D carbon bolt on for $200 in mint condition. You may have to look a long time to find a good deal though. It took me a couple of months, but was worth it for the savings. I got a few things there which helped me do more to my bike for less.

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have to agree with Dj Dunzie. For the Price, Muzzy is LOUD!!! That is what my buddy has on his 7r, and when we ride together, i can't hear my 6r idle with a yoshi can.

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I heard that D&D are the loudest, and they are kinda cheap...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
D&D are loud, but Hindle is LOUDER in my experience.

Anybody who has or at least has heard an Akrapovic please post your thoughts on your system's sound because I have mine on order, and I've only had experience with one of my buddy's having one, and it seems to be louder than most other people are saying theirs is...

Thanks !

·
Registered
778 Posts
D&D is good, you can buy one new for less than $300 if you look on ebay less. Muzzys is good too but D&D is louder.

You have to ask yourself - WHAT TYPE of LOUD are you looking for?

There is a HIGH PITCH loud and a Deep Tone Loud, I personally like the DEEP tone loud but it gets to you after a while of riding.

Most Pipes are High Pitched loud - D&D is right there in the middle.

Not for nothing the best pipes I ever heard are the F1r's on my girls 250.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I've heard the F1r's on your girls 250, too, and they give me a headache every time. Those things are evil.

I'm planning on getting even soon, though. As soon as my Muzzy arrives, and the world warms up, yer screwed. ;)

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have an Akrapovic on my 2002 6R and is pretty nice and loud. It looks good too. I have a Carbon sleeve can. Love it!!! Like I've said b4, my buddies got Yoshi's and they just love the way mine sounds. :D[^]

Death to boulevard cruisers

·
Registered
501 Posts
Forgot to mention, they are kinda expensive. I paid 400 for mine [B)]

Death to boulevard cruisers

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm paying $900 CDN ($555 US) for the slip on system for the 2003... and that was getting a $100 break from the dealer... argh... that's full titanium (sleeve, guts, link pipe)...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Originally posted by ZX6Rider

Want quality at a reasonable price? MUZZY!!!!!!!!!!

Loose is fast and on the edge you're out of control.
I got MUZZY full exhaust with carbon fiber can, kicks ass!

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
316 Posts
DJ- You are talking about the Ackropovic right? Evolution? I am planning on going with a new exhaust system as soon as I get the cash together. I am assuming that Ackropovic is the way to go, but is there anything out there that produces a better gain of horsepower? I do care about sound, but not as much as I care about keeping up with a stock 750, you know? Thanks!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The Evolution system in my humble opinion is the finest exhaust system money will buy. I didn't go with it, I just went with their full-ti slip on system. Either way, you can't go wrong with Akrapovic...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an 02 with a Two Brothers slip-on. It is very deep and throaty with a big power increase. No hint of the trumpet noise that some pipes produce.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had the d&d on my 2k2 zx6r i would drown out all the bikes i rode with my only gripe is they dont make a oval canister i bought mine from the dealer for $250

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by nodrooln

in our group of riders we have two brothers,yoka,hindle,and d&d.
my d&d is the loudest in the group and the cheapest priced:)
That Hindle must be the Stealth model... or it's on a 250 Ninja... I've never met a Hindle that didn't make my ears bleed :D

What's a Yoka ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.