Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just had an interesting conversation with my official Kawa importer. Since I have a Akra slip-on installed and haven't done any re-jetting (techlusion, powercommander etc..) - I have no warranty on the bike concerning the engine. The guy was very supprised when he heard that nothing had been done to the bike when intalling the akra - and that it might cause some serious damage to the engine..[xx(] If the fuel injection system is properly tuned for a right mixture - the warranty is valid according to them..

Any opinions on this?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Its odd for anyone to take that firm of a stance, but they do have the right.
In general, just a slipon is not going to change the fuel/air mixture enough to damage the engine, so I dont know why whoever you talked to is so uptight about it.
Say you just found out they did rejet it, you just didn't know they did before :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are probably somewhat correct. But will their argument stand up in court. It hasn't with cars. Basically, they can't deny a warranty claim if the aftermarket part doesn't cause a problem with the part you are making the claim on. In other words, if you put this pipe on and your wheel bearing go bad, they can't deny your claim based on you tampering with the bike. The Akra slip-on shouldn't have a negative affect on your engine. I put one on my bike because they were the only company that specifically stated no jetting required. I'll have it done sometime down the road, but for the time being I'm not pressed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can anyone answer this??
This may sound like a stupid question, but, remember there are no stupid questions only stupid people!!! :)
Does the fuel injection 'adjust' itself to the conditions in which the bike is being riden? for example does the bikes CPU always check for fuel/air mixture and make fuel adjustments as required?
Isn't this what F.I. is supposed to do?
I don't know if I have expressed myself correctly here but I hope someone here gets what I am trying to ask.

Thanks

Corr

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If I ever had problems, the stock can would magically appear back on the bike:D.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The dealer has to PROVE that the slip-on is the cause of the problem. They just can't say, you have a slip-on, your warranty is void. There are laws just for this reason.

My dealer sold me a slip on right out the door. I brought it in for warranty work with no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Fuel injection on bikes, with a couple of exceptions, doesn't adjust itself like car injection. Fuel injection that adjusts itself is called closed loop I think and utilizes oxygen sensors and knock detectors to adjust parameters to include timing and injection shot. The injection on bikes uses a map that is only dependent on rpm and throttle position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.