Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would probobly run into problems with trying to use an 03 setup on an 02, even if it did fit you would probobly loose power.

The 01 and 02 ZX6Rs were pretty much identical, so getting a system for the 00-01 would be the best choice.
I'll probobly be doing the same thing later this year.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
No it won't fit at all... if you're talking about the bolt on system, the '03 uses a slip on system, so no go. For the full system, it won't fit at the heads, and even if it did, it wasn't designed for the '02.

Akrapovic makes systems for the '01 that will work the same, the reason they don't show an '02 599cc engine is because they're a European make, and they got the 636cc ZX6R last year. The '01 will fit and work perfectly.

Good luck... also you could contact Lockhart Phillips, the US distributor, for more clarification.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
18 Posts
do they make a Ti. street system for it. Everywhere i looked just showed the race sytem. I really dont run the bike much past 10G and the website says you lose alot of power below 7g with the full systems.I am looking for basicly the stock setup in Ti. with the acro can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody know if the acropovic slip on system with the s pipe for the 03 will fit a 02 with the 600 motor.They dont make a street system for the non 636 02 and i wanted to use the ti. setup.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well, for the '00-02 599cc model, they show a bolt-on option of #S-K6B01-C (carbon can) and #S-K6B01-T (ti can)...

For FULL systems, they don't seem to show a single part number, but the Evolution system includes a ti lead pipe #L-K6E1TL and cans (#M-TCE2/53 carbon or #M-TTE2/53 ti)... I'm sure if you contact Lockhart Phillips they'll have a single package part number. If you don't want to lose any bottom-end and aren't concerned about maxing your PEAK power, you're better off just replacing the cannister with the bolt-on options above imo... they just allow the bike to breathe better and won't cost you any low-end hp... and they still look beautiful... check out snowsurfer's post with his red '02 636 with the carbon can!!

Good luck !

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.