Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at slip on exhaust for my 2003 zx6rr i was looking at hindle, yosh, or akrapovic and does akrapovic make jsut a slip on and how much. out of those 3 what one is the best performace and sounds. thanks

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Akrapovic does make a slip on. It'll likely cost double what the Yosh does and three times what the Hindle does. They'll all be RELATIVELY close for how they affect the bike's power output, with a little increase in exhaust flow meaning the bike will gain 2-4 hp, feel like it's breathing a little better, and a little better over-rev on top. Where you'll find the majority of the difference is in materials and build quality. Personally, I'd say Yosh is a good step up from Hindle, and Akrapovic from Yosh. Whether that offsets the price difference is entirely up to you.

Sound preference is a personal thing. The Hindle ss will be loudest, and higher pitched. Yosh has a deeper snortier sound, and Akrapovic is smoother. Akrapovic is a bit quieter at low rpm's and doesn't get really loud until you get it singing. Again, it's a personal thing which exhaust note you like best.

I recommend you find someone with those exhausts on a similar-displacement machine. Listen to them and inspect the quality up close yourself, then decide where you wanna spend your dough.

AND... there's a TON of previous discussion on this forum if you use the search button. Too much on this topic maybe... ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
03zx6rr...I have the akra slip-on..I love it. Exactly what DJ said though, it's quiet til you get it singing. I had a yosh on before this and I did like it. The build quality of the Akra is by far OUTSTANDING.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for the double post i hit the buttom again and is there a website i can buy it from? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Hey 03ZX6RR how about a 2Bros. slip on? Take my word for it you won't be sorry. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just orderd the akrapovice slip on and i relized that now i cant ride a second person cuz u need to buy a new exhaust mouting braket. but o well the exhaust is worth is tho :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
ummm 03zx6rr...where did you order it from??? mine came with a new bracket and everything from kneedraggers.com. I paid about 510.00USD for it. I ride my g/f on my bike all the time without any problems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got mine at my local dealer and i had to get a braket with it but it eliminates the back right side pegs. i dont seen why a exhaust would do that. need help thanks

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You can use the stock peg/mount (hanger) with the Akrapovic slip ons. The only thing that changes in relation to this is the bracket that goes around the exhaust, and bolts into the same position as the stocker.

You CAN buy aftermarket hangers that get rid of the passenger peg for Akrapovics, including on www.buykawasaki.com, in either aluminum or carbon fiber, but you don't HAVE to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone have a Muzzy pipe on their ZX6RR? Thats the one im looking at now for mine. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.