Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Im not too familar with all the technobabble on the slipper clutch, but basically if you are downshifting hard it will limit the tourque to the back wheel by allowing the clutch to slip. This will prevent your wheel from jumping..

And the dual headlights began in 2000. I've seen people do a conversion from 98/99 to a dual headlight design but not a 95-97.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
can someone clarify what a slipper clutch is for me? Is it a type of atuomatic clutch that kicks in when you are slowing down to take a corner after flying down a straight so that your back wheel doesn't lock up? i know it's used for racing but i'm just curious as to how it works.

on another topic, could i put a '9[8] fairing onto a '96 zx6r without much difficulty? i know i would have to buy a dual headlight setup to replace the single headlight of the '96 but the same voltage and wiring exists for both right? would this be possible? anything else that might need to be changed?

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've seen people put ducati 748/916/996/998 front ends on their 6R's. I don't think it looks that great but it definitely stands out.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.