Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, When I go to take off from a stop in first gear it feels like the bike is real sluggish and puttering, then it flattens out and away I go. I dont think it has to do with my use of the clutch, b/c this never happened before I got the bike jetted with the new exhaust. What could this be? Is the bike running to rich? Thanks in advance.

02 zx6r
94 z28

·
Registered
303 Posts
who installed the jet kit and exhaust? it definately sounds like a jetting problem... if it was by a dealer take it back to them.. someone who knows more about jetting will explain it better

yellow = fast

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer installed everything.
Im gonna try to get there this upcoming week, weather permitting.

02 zx6r
94 z28

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
First thing I would do is find out exactly what changes they made to the bike. What jet sizes they used, if they put in adjustable needles, which position the needles are in, if they synched the carbs.

The last one might be all the bike needs. But one other important thing to find out is if they drilled out the idle speed screw plugs, and made a change there.

I hope you got the original carb parts and all the extra parts from the jet kit from the dealer when they did the work on your bike. Most people never do.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.