Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENTIRELY TOO FUCKING MUCH! Seems like I hit neutral between first and second about once every third time if I'm wheelying or accelerating extremely hard. More often than not, it happens because I shift too fast, and my foot doesn't come up far enough. I did a wheelie once, revved out first gear, brought the front end down, tried to hit second and got neutral instead. I think my rpm's were at 19000 or something:D My buddy behind me said that flames were coming out of my exhaust pipe when I hit neutral. That can't be good. Oh well, I'm done telling on myself.

-keep the rubber side down.[}:)]

·
Registered
315 Posts
a missed shift without a rev limiter can crush a valve. the valve will float and stay open while the piston comes up to smack it. i always thought shifting in a wheelie was bad. it hurts the tranny or something. think ill post a topic

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have been hitting some wheels latley just getting back intot the grove of being off a bike over the winter. So far I only hit neutral once. How oftern if at all does anyone hit the big NEUTRAL when hitting some wheels?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks guys. I don't feel so bad. I hit a couple wheelies today (not real good ones) without hitting second so I was happy about that at least.

·
Registered
56 Posts
easy solution to avoid hitting neutral when shifting during a wheelie is to pop it up in second or third (I don't know how easy it is for a 600 to do it in third but my friend bounced his Superhawk 996 and now his 929 up pretty easily), I personally have not tried a wheelie yet but have seen him so tons of them and he makes them look so easy and since he started doing the 3rd gear ones last week, man a wheelie at 70mph is sweet looking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
that happens to ever 636 on wheeleis and at the worst time (when your racing another sport bike)I hate that shit!!!!!!.to pervent that cluch it hard and shift too 2nd hard. Smacking Neutral only happen to me at full thottle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.