Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows every1 doing? Towards the end of the season last year, I was going around a tight turn just off of a little bridge so I am talking tight roads too. As am just entering the turn (first gear) A soccer mom talkin on the phone in a yukon or suburban went way wide took up 2/3 of my lane. Was able to avoid the tank but was unfortunate not being able to make that turn. Hit the curb and ran into forrest debris and a boulder. That was not even the worst part. Bitch took off didnt even stop. Brother who I was riding with took off to go after her but at the the road the way she was heading was a fork lol. Anywayz here are some pictures. She is all fixed up for now, this is just a short term paint scheme I think. Let me know what you think! And for how much money was put out, you wouldn't believe ! Thanks

Broken:
Nose fairing
Upper fairing stay
Tabs on the head light
Tabs on the ram air (2/3 that hold the fairing stay connects to)

And here is the finished product!

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
damn you! this was the paint job I just put in (literally two days ago) for my new track skins.

there are only three differences.
1) the blue in mine came up a bit higher, to the crease
2) front fender is all blue
3) tail is all black

my artistic abilities begin and end with stick figures so here's the rough sketch I gave the guy. I didn't think it would never be done again but I didn't think it would happen so soon. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
How did you fix it for only $100? I am currently looking for new or used full upper fairing and I want to see what other options I have before I spend $400 for a new one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ridnwb: Lol thats what I think I am going to do instead of going all white because that what everyone is doing so it seems, sorry I guess but but 2 plusses is that yours are track skinz and your in MA and I am in Pa so still pretty unique lol

Zophael: Pmed

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Pretty cool. Too bad your bro didn't get the license plate

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its funny that you mentioned that, the other day I saw the same colored car and everything parked from a couple blocks away where it happened. The only thing is there is absolutly no way of telling that it was the same exact one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, due to all the flaming next time I can get some money in my pocket, I will get a integrated tail and and smoke flush side blinkers... I mean who needs a jacket for protection anyways!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Awesome fix-the paint looks great. You know, I'm a woman driver and I personally can't stand the little bitches in the big suv's-If you can't drive it, don't buy it! Don't worry, karma always seems to find its rightful owner. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
295 Posts
I got that jacket and very much enjoy it as well,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ridnwb: Lol thats what I think I am going to do instead of going all white because that what everyone is doing so it seems, sorry I guess but but 2 plusses is that yours are track skinz and your in MA and I am in Pa so still pretty unique lol

Zophael: Pmed
whites hard to keep clean

i like ur paint job

·
Registered
48 Posts
So how did you fix it for 100 bucks? Mine has a crack by the one headlight too.
Seriously- how?? - replaced my ram air duct this morning which cost me 100..... I did fix the old one with fiberglass but the replacement part was so much thicker I wanted to get it in there and forget about it.

Good work anyway - but let us know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts