Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my dad this morning opens the garage around 8am...he then goes into the house and knocks on my room door and says that my bike is smoking...

i go to check and he says the smoke was coming from the gauge area...and the sun was shining directly on that area.

i looked at it and i didn't see any smoke and i stood there for like 10 minutes...it shouldn't be the gauge plastic melting.

could it be that the moisture collected overnight and some of it got on the gauge?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
hopefully moisture on the header and it came straight up to where the cluster is. look at your head and header where it bolts to the head and see if you have any oil/water leakage

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really hope its not the oil leak again because i had the gasket changed already...

when i came out to look at it i didn't smell any oil/smoke odor...hmmm...

thanks really appreciate the fast responses.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
no problem, it seems there would have been an odor if it were oil. check it out to be sure man

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i don't think it was moisture...i think it was dust particles simulating the smoke effect when the early morning sunlight hit that area.

my dad said he didn't smell any odor and by the time i got down to take a look, it was gone already...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
okay so i finally found out why my dad saw the smoke...it wasn't coming from the cluster at all...my mom saw it too and she pointed out that it was coming from the front brake reservoir...

the smoke was probably from a very small amount of brake fluid that was around the inside top of the reservoir and dripped out so the heat burnt it off...

i threw my bike in the sun this morning for a moment like the time my parents saw it and i didn't see anything smoke up...thank goodness...it was bothering me for a while...

well just keeping everyone updated incase someone else see smokes coming up front...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts