Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I've ordered two integrated tails now and I have not been happy with either. The first was fairly dark, but had a blue tint. The second looked like it was clear to me.

Can someone please link me to a tail they know is DARK smoke? I have a black bike and I want it to be as dark as possible. Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
So what you are asking is how do you get run over at a stop light easier?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean I don't want it painted black, but I definitely don't want it clear.

I understand your alls points, but i'm very picky and I want what I want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tint it yourself, its easy just buy that lens tint paint at auto parts and apply as many coats as you want then clear coat and work just great.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Do what vene said so you can do it exactly how you want...or look up the how to on tinting your turn signals and do it that way

How blue/dark is the one you have? Maybe we can make a trade...mine's an ebay one but it works perfect and has a nice tint to it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll check it out. Are you all talking about VHT nightshade? that's what we use on trucks a lot.

And I already sent the blue one back, I got the one that looks clear yesterday.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tint it yourself, its easy just buy that lens tint paint at auto parts and apply as many coats as you want then clear coat and work just great.

:plusone:
If your wanting to go the cheap route and if your only looking for just a tint on them with no additional signals added on it, etc than get the tint spray and spray it and clear it. Your good to go!

If you want to still buy aftermarket go with Clear Alternatives there pretty well built! I have them on my bike!

·
Registered
23 Posts
All taillights i've seen that have been blackened with paint look like a mess...Most don't seem to light up(too many layers of paint), others are not correctly painted and don't light up the same everywhere.Also i think the paint makes the taillight matt.
I'm suggesting that you should try tinting your clear tailight with headlight protectors.
Something like this:
SMOKED TAIL LIGHT TINT/SMOKE HEADLIGHT VINYL FILM 24" | eBay

Done this to the headlights of my car and look awesome.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey pDubs, I live in Lovettsville, we should meet up and ride some time I've got another buddy with a 636 I always ride with

ended up putting the clear looking one on just to see, and ended up liking it. Akra is on the way!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heck ya man we could get a nice lil group goin.

this is what the light looked like off the bike, pretty clear. guess its just the angle?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts