Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well yea so I'm a smoker. Regardless, yesterday was riding down the NJ Turnpike and about a mile into it heard a dull pop from the bike. Thinking I might have kicked up a stone or something I kept going. Was riding the bike fairly easy, holding it about 7krpm and hadn't pushed it hard since I had left home.

Couple of seconds later, engine starts sounding a little rough, look down and what do you know, big red oil pressure light is on.

Clicked on the turn signal, moved over from fast lane to shoulder, clutched in, killed the engine, shifted into neutral and braked to a stop as smoke is billowing out from my engine area. Once I stop, bike is gushing oil from below the engine. Whole back tire soaked, rear suspension soaked, and more oil dripping from the rear sprocket area too. Im glad I managed to come to a clean stop.

Long story short, got it towed. This happened about 50miles out from my first service. yay. Needless to say I gave those guys a call. I find out on Saturday when they pick it up on what exactly went wrong. Couldn't make out too much since it was dark out =(

Had to share.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is it just me or any time something goes wrong with a bike one of two things happened:
1. Pushing it really hard
2. Just came out of the shop

If it was the shop's fault I would be raising hell in a hand basket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
By the description it sounds like the filter came off once it was under pressure. The smoke was oil pouring onto the hot bits. I hope there is no permanent damage. Let us know...+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.