Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys do this? I am not a smoker, but today I got stuck behind a guy on a Goldwing. He was a typical badass wannabe in his 40's, with no gear, just a bandana to protect his head. He was smoking a cigar while riding the whole dame time! He almost rear ended twice(too busy holding his cigar), he kept ashing it and it would fly at me and his smoke kept entering my helmet due to vents open :/.

Since it was rush hour, I had to stay there about 3 or so miles, then I finally was able to switch and go way past the focker.

Also anytime people waved to us, he would raise his cigar to them. WTF? He would go through the extra trouble or removing it from his mouth, just to raise it to them. He also kept looking around to see if people are looking at him.:Laughing rolling:

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I'd do it if I had a Goldwing with a huge "bugshield". I'd also blast some David Allen Coe and Merle Haggard as fuckin loud as I possibly could, just like my dad. :lol:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I hate it when I notice someone trying to notice people noticing them.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I saw a yuppie tough guy in shorts, sandals, t-shirt , and half helmet doing the same thing on a Hardley the other day.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i wouldnt do it...my helmet wont allow me to! LOL not to mention the wind would make the ash fly into my eyes and THAT would suck. plus, theres just too much to concentrate on while riding to have to deal with a smoke.

that Goldwing riding is in for a rude awakening one of these days!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Smoking causes birth defects. Don't smoke mmmkay.

--David

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
i saw an old guy doin that on a cruiser the other day, just another thing to take youre attention away

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Sounds like just another "look at me! look at me!" type. I ignore them.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Two days ago I saw a really greazy looking guy riding a "wanna be Harley" cruiser style bike. He was wearing a skull cap 1/4 helmet, jeans, and a wife beater .... both hands on the handlebars and a cigarette centered between his lips. What disturbed me about all this was that there was about a 4 year old little girl on the back of his bike hanging onto his belt loops with no backrest on the bike. She was smiling ear to ear ... and all I thought to myself was ... "That poor kid doesn't even stand a chance". Fucking idiots.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i wish i had a goldwing just so i could smoke while riding. these long rides suck cuz i want to have a cig sometimes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
seems to mostly be a harley/cruiser thing... maybe the H-D dealership gives out free packs with the purchase of a bike, so you can calm your nerves after you realize you just paid $15k+ for something thats going to spend more time in the shop than on the road, or maybe its just to make sure you look like a badass

·
Registered
356 Posts
LOL that's pretty funny, if I was middle-aged, smokes cigars, and rode a Goldwing I'd probably do the same thing (minus the almost-rear-ending a car part).

So I guess there is a such thing as a Goldwing squid.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts