Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still working on the final pivot bracket, but you get the idea....

Any suggestions?

They will come in two powdercoated colors, Texture black and Silver vein.

What is a reasonable price??

Possible August GB??

·
Registered
622 Posts
wheel chocks for a trailer, or you can just pull into em to keep your bike upright...no kick stand needed. i would suggest having a couple of flat plates mounted underneath, so someone could "mount" them to their trailer for transporting their bike;) i would think somewhere in the 55-65 dollar range would be a fair price... of course, i'll take a free prototype to give a review on:D:D:D:D

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
very slick, i want one. one of those things.....WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT! dohh.. uumm maybe some sort of rubber on the bottom. so if its not attached to say the garage floor, it wont slide forward as pulling into it. throw on a couple mounting tabs...looks good tho. i want a black one!:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to have two holes through the square piece for mounting, and it will also have textured grips or feet for no slipping.

Finishing caps for the uprights..

Thanks for the suggestions.

--Scott

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to quote or estimate a price before it's completed and coated, p but it will be considerably less than the big companies.

I was thnking of doing a GB just get the inital costs back out of it. Plus I need to purchase a brake for bending the "V" shaped parts, having a local shop doing them is too much.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Pretty sweet. Be sure to make the GB well known because I'm in.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
yea, that looks awsome! As stated above, just make sure you can mount it, and also if you dont wanna mount it, it doesnt slide.

I would say n e where from like 50-65 would be a good price

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll post it up for a Aug GB.

Unfortunatly they will be a bit more than 50-60 dollars.

Materials, welding supplies, brackets and powdercoating, shipping costs, hardware, finishing supplies, the employees, it all adds up.....

Comparable units are 175-200 dollars. I will be alot lower than that, but cannot quote any number untill it's all done and back from coating.

We are high volume/low profit per piece company. I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth by quoting it now....

Thanks for the comments, Scott

·
Registered
857 Posts
instead of 2 mounting points put 4 to ont he flat metal and 2 near the fron on each side maybe y want that thing solid as possible, and the rubber uderneathw as a good idea aswell...looks likea good design tho, also maybe a locking mechanism to lock the wheel forward so if it's on a trailer it can't just be pushed back etc...nice work tho

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, it's 12:30AM here but I'm gonna go out to the shop and put a little idea together....

The pic above is exactly where the rear mount points will be, but I don't want to put any holes through the front tube like that..

Give me 15 minutes.

Scott

·
Registered
891 Posts
Why not on the front tube? Some carriage bolts would hold nicely and unless someone really tq'd them down they wouldn't warp the metal.

I'm interested to see what you're gonna do.. i'll check back in a few :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.