Registered
720 Posts
If you want FI, you need

fuel pump
fuel rail
injectors
FI version ECU
wireharness for FI

those are main parts, i'm sure you'll need more nick nacks...
Tons of money if you just order parts....so you need to fooorrgeeet aabbbouuutitttt :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
The cost would WAAAYYYYY outweight any advantage to the FI. Which I'm not sure there is much if any anyways.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've considered picking up a FI 250 across the pond.
It's about a $1800 difference, but the dollar is gaining on the pound.
If the difference falls below $1000, I might do it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Once you have had FI, you never want to go back.

I really don't plan on selling the family "mopeds".

Different bikes, different purposes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You could always just import an EU model and rip it for parts! only trouble is there aint any bikes - havent been since the launch only way you got one was by pre-ordering 6 months before hand. Rummour has it all the production was taken by the USA market.

By the way guys - what tyres did you get as standard ?
Ours we crap everyone changed them before taking it out the showroom.

Mark.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You could always just import an EU model and rip it for parts! only trouble is there aint any bikes - havent been since the launch only way you got one was by pre-ordering 6 months before hand. Rummour has it all the production was taken by the USA market.

By the way guys - what tyres did you get as standard ?
Ours we crap everyone changed them before taking it out the showroom.

Mark.
My 09 came with Dunlop Arrowmax, I think most of the US 08s came with Bridgestone Battleax.
My 06 and 07 had a standard Dunlop, but those bikes aren't made for carving corners.
What tires did you have? What did you put on?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Becuase its such a weird wheel setup - there wasnt much choice to choose from, I went for Michelin Pilot Activ's, the standard tyres were some unheard of brand which every bike journalist slated after test rides prior to launch - they were "IRC". (international rubber company) no one had heard of.
Think it was about keeping cost down, the original price of the ninja was £2,999 pre-launch, but like yours it went up when the bikes became available to £3,299 - dont think they could afford to put a known brand tyre on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts