Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright some my room mate has decided he would like to join the kawi family. he asked me to go down the the dealership here in tallahassee. he wants to get the new 250. they were sold out first of all, sold apparently 4 last week and considering i have seen 1 driving around here. but room mate just wanted to check out pricing and all of that. the guy quoted him 6250. for the bike with out taxes. and msrp is 3500, i and he knew this. the guy went on saying that this is the hottest bike i the country so the had to raise the price due to supply and demand. im like thats horse crap they doubled the price. he then quoted us for the canary yellow zx6r that was just being built for 8700. so u get a crap ton more of a bike power wise for 2500 more? it took and hr to shake the guy and but i just thought he was ridiculous and wondered what u guys thought

·
Registered
88 Posts
Meh, supply and demand at its finest. The same thing happened to me when I went out looking for a 259 a couple months ago. MSRP was around the mid 3 G's and they're quoting me prices well over 5 G's and I just blanked out and stared at them. Looked around a bit more and found a near perfect condition, full stock '05 500R. Asking price was nearly half of what an '08 250 would've costed me :p

250 seems nice, but to pay that much for a first bike and just a 250cc?... No thanks :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
evans i didnt make it to hooters, weather kept me from that.

I take it you're talking about Tallahassee Powersport? over past TCC?

yeah they wouldn't budge on a leftover 07 in march they wanted 8700 for last years model and then all the dealer charges is came out to like 10 something i laughed told the guy i'd walk out the door with it if he gave it to me for 7400 and he laughed, and then I turned my back to them for good. They were dicking me around too. I wanted a helmet and jacket if i bought the bike and they weren't even giving me a deal on those things. I'm glad i found the precision place. seriously man if you need parts, go there rob, the parts guy, he'll give you a good deal

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i know rob at precision . i didnt need anything my roommate wanted a bike. if it was me i would get the 10r. i got my 06 in 06 from there for 8500, 10 after tax 5 yr and gear. its was powersports they hired a bunch of douches after the merger here. but 6200 for 250 is stupid expensive

·
Registered
91 Posts
Unless your friend is trying to ride that 250 for more than a year then there is no sense in him paying that much for that bike. There's no way he is going to get anything close to that when he tries to sell it!

But talking to some dealers around here they say that scooters and 250's are their biggest sellers this year. So I believe they would try to mark it up like that. It's like when the Miata came out and folks were paying double the MSRP to get one. You know those folks were upset when they tried to sell those things.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i would have laughed in his face, i've never paid over 6500 for a bike 1k's included

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
well, not one can keep that bike in stock. there is such a high demand for them right now that some people may even be willing to pay double msrp. i cant blame the dealer. if there are people kicking down his door willing to pay it, then thats a free 4K every time he gets that bike in.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I have to disagree, granted it's a hot commodity now, but doesn't give a dealership the right to price gouge like that. Something reasonable like 4500 or max 5K otd is ameanable. Double hell no. Get a used 6r for that much.

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
I have to disagree, granted it's a hot commodity now, but doesn't give a dealership the right to price gouge like that. Something reasonable like 4500 or max 5K otd is ameanable. Double hell no. Get a used 6r for that much.
marxist... it's called capotalism... and I love it...

:popcorn:

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
marxist... it's called capotalism... and I love it...

:popcorn:

No I'm not a marxist, and yes I know that it's just CAPITALISM (that is the proper spelling btw) which will be the downfall of this country. Capitalism IS OK as long as you continue to make goods and services and don't ONLY purchase shit from other countries. What does this country make that other countries would buy from us? Not a whole lot. We used to, but now everything is made in other countries and WE buy it. We are feeding THEIR CAPITALISTIC tendencies. This in no way shape or form insinuates that I am for the bleeding heart liberal marxist, communist ways in which I'll have to 'share' my wealth with others in the form of taxes. I make well over 6 figures a year (no I am not bullshiting you) and how much do you rake in? And even though I could waltz into any dealership and buy a new 250 if I really wanted to, the idea that some dealer would over charge for something, no matter how hot an item is, is just wrong in my book. MSRP is MSRP in my book, I refuse to pay a dime over that. Doesn't make me a communist, just practical that's all. I'm all for capitalism as well, but no one can deny that NO country can just buy and buy and buy and buy as then you will have exactly what we have now, a huge gap between the classes. More and more countries are turning Capitalist (i.e. China) because it does work, but only for as long as you have shit to sell. What do we have to sell, as I said, not a whole lot. So if you think that makes me a marxist, you're totally wrong. I oppose it totally. I've worked my ass off to make what I make, and I don't believe I should have to be made to share it with anyone.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Let them charge whatever they want, if someone is willing to pay double msrp, then that is their business.

I think it's pretty rediculous to pay that much for the new 250, but I also understand that sometimes you just want a certain type of bike and are willing to pay extra to get what you want rather than settling.

That's why I try not to bust on you 250 guys out there that paid too much. As long as your having fun on the bike, then it was a good purchase in my book.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
It's all about what you're willing to pay for it and what they are willing to take for it. Plain and simple. How would you feel if you were selling your house and you had a couple of offers for $250,000 and the goverment came in and said you have to sell it for $175,000?

Let the market set the price, Those willing to pay get to play.

I don't mind the goverment keeping an eye on things like "price fixing" Say Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha and honda got together and said lets all agree to double the prices on our bikes.. Now thats not fair.

·
Registered
93 Posts
For the 250's I called around and got quoted $5399 $5000 and $4350. I'm not looking for one, but thats the market where I live. btw, for that price you can probably make your own 250.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No I'm not a marxist, and yes I know that it's just CAPITALISM (that is the proper spelling btw) which will be the downfall of this country. Capitalism IS OK as long as you continue to make goods and services and don't ONLY purchase shit from other countries. What does this country make that other countries would buy from us? Not a whole lot. We used to, but now everything is made in other countries and WE buy it. We are feeding THEIR CAPITALISTIC tendencies. This in no way shape or form insinuates that I am for the bleeding heart liberal marxist, communist ways in which I'll have to 'share' my wealth with others in the form of taxes. I make well over 6 figures a year (no I am not bullshiting you) and how much do you rake in? And even though I could waltz into any dealership and buy a new 250 if I really wanted to, the idea that some dealer would over charge for something, no matter how hot an item is, is just wrong in my book. MSRP is MSRP in my book, I refuse to pay a dime over that. Doesn't make me a communist, just practical that's all. I'm all for capitalism as well, but no one can deny that NO country can just buy and buy and buy and buy as then you will have exactly what we have now, a huge gap between the classes. More and more countries are turning Capitalist (i.e. China) because it does work, but only for as long as you have shit to sell. What do we have to sell, as I said, not a whole lot. So if you think that makes me a marxist, you're totally wrong. I oppose it totally. I've worked my ass off to make what I make, and I don't believe I should have to be made to share it with anyone.
I don’t think that Capitalism has anything to do with what going on with china. The fact that there are tariffs and taxes being placed on goods coming into the country negates the idea of Capitalism.
You have to realize that as other countries enter into the 20th century (the industrial age) we are moving into the 21st century the information. It’s cost too much to produce goods here.

Ask yourself do you buy your milk at UDF for $6 or do you go to Wal-Mart where it’s a loss leader and get it for $2.89? So if you are an employer why would you pay a person due to union influence 75k to help make a car when they will do in Mexico for 20k?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i mostly agree with you. the only thing i see different is that they can charge that price because people are willing to pay it. if people were not going to pay that, then they could not charge that. kinda like when the x-box first came out. you saw them on ebay for 3K, and yes, as retarted as that was, there was someone willing to pay that.

but i do agree with the fact we should not buy everything from other countries. we need to export. but the whole outsourcing for everything bothers me.

·
Neutered
9,688 Posts
*sigh* Can this ONE thread please stay on topic? The guy isn't full of crap. If someone will buy the bike for $6k, the dealer has every right (and expectation) to sell it for $6k. I feel bad for the douchebag that buys it, but that's that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.