Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this chick friend of mine. she wanted to learn how to ride. so i let her.. i taught her just like the MSF would. i made her learn everything, but its good cuz she rides dirt a little. but i taught her like the MSF by making her walk with the bike slipping the clutch at first. and within ten minutes she was riding up and down the street turning and all, shifting into second. without a problem... lol im so amazed. i guess im just a good teacher. j/k

but yea. so who does and dosnt do this?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Learn...no way! I let my bro take my 6r to get the hang of riding and he dumped it...never again will I let a newbie learn on my bike. I just don't want to have to replace all that carbon fiber if someone dumps it again...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Learn...no way! I let my bro take my 6r to get the hang of riding and he dumped it...never again will I let a newbie learn on my bike. I just don't want to have to replace all that carbon fiber if someone dumps it again...
lol true that. my bike is not pristine anymore so i dont care so much. but yea that would suck

i have 7 more posts than you ahahahaha

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
27,422 Posts
no one rides my bike unless i get to ride their wife/girlfriend first(or her if the person asking is female) and even then I don't know if I'd let them.
I'm okay with teaching them to drive a manual in my Jeep, but my bike is a whole other ball of wax...

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I taught about 5 of my friends to ride on my 250....it's so easy. But I'd never let anyone learn on my 636

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I don't let anyone ride my bike period. I have one friend I would trust to ride it and he lives 800 miles from here, so I doubt it will ever be ridden by anyone but me. I would be devastated if someone dumped it...maybe I love my bike a little too much?

·
Neutered
9,688 Posts
When I had my old 636 I let my GF clutch it across a parking lot with me standing in front of her walking backwards with both hands on the upper/fairing stay. That's as close as I ever came to letting someone else "learn". lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
before taking my msf i learned on my cousins gix 600 and my roommates duc 900. my gf has taken her msf and still won't ride my bike. i've actually stopped in a parking lot after us going for a cruise and she freaked out cuz she didn't want to do it. i would let chicks if i thought i might get some booty out of it otherwise it depends on the person. i guess for me i wouldn't mind since i already dropped my bike and the fairing is rashed. besides thats why i bought something a little older so i wouldn't be devastated when it falls. now when i get a new bike thats all nice and shiny i doubt i'll let anyone "learn" on it cuz its prob gonna be a liter bike.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I don't let anyone ride my bike period. I have one friend I would trust to ride it and he lives 800 miles from here, so I doubt it will ever be ridden by anyone but me. I would be devastated if someone dumped it...maybe I love my bike a little too much?
I actually live about 2400 miles away, but thanks for thinking of me.

I have taught several friends and let several more learn on their own. I guess that don't value a bunch of metal and plastic that much. Good times with great friends is worth more than a few scratches on something that could be gone in an instant.

I have also taught a few girls and my wife. I am tall enough that I can sit on the back half of the seat and still hold the bike up while they control the clutch, throttle, brakes, and they have their feet on the pegs.

--David

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i have this chick friend of mine. she wanted to learn how to ride. so i let her.. i taught her just like the MSF would. i made her learn everything, but its good cuz she rides dirt a little. but i taught her like the MSF by making her walk with the bike slipping the clutch at first. and within ten minutes she was riding up and down the street turning and all, shifting into second. without a problem... lol im so amazed. i guess im just a good teacher. j/k

but yea. so who does and dosnt do this?
i would say your a good teacher. some people have it, some don't.

i have taught a lot of girls how to ride my dirt bikes. some had never even sat on a bike before. haven't never turned one loose on my street bike tho. if they wanna learn to ride one, go ahead and buy one, i'll pick it up and teach them on their bike lol, then we can do some riding together. if they don't want to drive/own one, no need to learn or drop mine lol

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
i let my sister learn how to slip the clutch on my cbr. i guess if someone wanted to id teach them on this one cuz its beat up, but id still be a little pissed if they dropped it because then i have even more work to do

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Guess i'm the idiot of the group... no... i KNOW i'm the idiot of the group.... I let my friend ride who's ridden ONCE before.. I had to give him some pointers before i let him go around the neighborhood... He's one of my closest friends & wanted a bike jus as bad as i did so that was pretty much peer pressure. Now he won't stop callin me & comin to my house askin to ride it around the neighborhood. Pisses me off....

Other close friend never been on one before, but always said he'd never get one. I pretty much urged him to take a ride & try it. I told him CLUTCH for every situation! He picked it up VERY fast & now LOVES it & says he gotta have one.. He didn't care about goin fast, he jus enjoyed the ride, so i didnt mind letting him take it around the neighborhood a few times...

But i havent let them ride in 2-3 weeks & i've noticed that i'm getting a bond w/ my bike to where i'm not gonna want anyone to ride MY BABY. So why am i more of an idiot than everyone else? B/c i've only had my brand new bike for 3 months, only been riding for 3 months, & was letting my close friends ride only the 2nd week i had it...

WTF was i thinking..:angry7: i'm an a$$hole...

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
One of my best buddies got an R1 for his first bike. Not the best choice but he's doing ok so far. I want him to ride my 250 for a bit so he can learn a little more with a much larger margin for error.

My brother wanted to take my bike out for a quick joyride and I told him no. Mainly because he has no gear and can't fit mine. I wouldn't ride my bike without gear and I wouldn't let anyone ride my bike without gear. Also because it's not like he was trying to learn to ride. He just wanted to scratch an itch. I left home one day and came back and felt the engine covers and they were still warm from the bike being ran not too long ago and the handlebars weren't locked. I know he took it but it wasn't worth making a huge scene about and wasnt in the mood for yelling. I'll just remember that next time he wants a favor from me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.