Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's my first post!:D uh, the title pretty much says it all. I was working on slow wheelies in first gear, and i didn't let any air out of my tire (big mistake). basically it wabbled a bit and then went down on the right side. so now i have a broken bike... and an even more broken foot.

p.s. o, i already posted this up on sportbikes.net... but when i found about this site i decided to put it up here too. i must say, kawiforums is way better...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Damn, dude, that foot looks a bit swollen... Hey, at least that's all you broke. Hopefully you'll heal up soon. Bike looks like a relatively easy fix.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ouch! I Know how you feel, I broke 2 bones in my left hand when I highsided at Summit Point in Sept.

The bike doenst look that bad, nothing a few $'s cant fix!

The foot on the other hand looks pretty F'd up!

At least it is winter and wont be riding anyway, now you have some rehab to keep you occupied. Hope your not a snowboarder/skier cuz I would be a little disappointed. Two or three months you'll be good as new!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Bike can be fixed, get some boots next time

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
damn! nice clean break, what kinda shoes where you wearing? its just a right of passage, keep the front wheel up!

·
Registered
165 Posts
damn man sorry to hear that, im by no means an expert but i have done a few wheelies and never let any air out of the tire. I know it is supposed to help but i dont think that you absolutley have to. Sorry to hear about your foot and bike thou.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ouch[xx(] Hey buddy I wrecked doin wheelies too(broken collar bone) and what I learned from the whole experience is that i'd rather drag the knee in a corner then pull a wheelie. To me thats so much better but I cant't tell you what to do. All my buddies do wheeelies and I dont worry about it anymore cause I can sure as hell beat them it theh twisties! Think abut it;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok the irony is that i bought sliders the week before, but my engine mounts are on too tight to get off without better tools. so uh, yeah i guess sliders don't work if they're not on the bike. and as for boots...nah, i think i'm just gonna drink a ton of milk instead.
but good news! i just bought a 905 crash cage!

oh, one more thing: i haven't gotten a chance to look at the bike (with the broken foot and all), but i noticed that my clutch wasn't releasing all the way. do u think it's cuz i might have dented in the side of the engine with the cover or something? i hope it's just the cable... i don't think it did too much damage:(

·
Registered
560 Posts
Originally posted by kxriderguy
and as for boots...nah, i think i'm just gonna drink a ton of milk instead.
:(
all the calcium in the world wont replace gear. cracked my foot stepping off of a tailgate, but ive been in two lowside/leg-under-bike slides in my boots and leathers and walded away without a bruise or scratch.

if nothing else it adds confidence.

hope you heal up quick and get back on it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
fix the foot, get back on and learn how to do it, eventully you will get-erdone

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Originally posted by kxriderguy
ok the irony is that i bought sliders the week before, but my engine mounts are on too tight to get off without better tools. so uh, yeah i guess sliders don't work if they're not on the bike. and as for boots...nah, i think i'm just gonna drink a ton of milk instead.
but good news! i just bought a 905 crash cage!

oh, one more thing: i haven't gotten a chance to look at the bike (with the broken foot and all), but i noticed that my clutch wasn't releasing all the way. do u think it's cuz i might have dented in the side of the engine with the cover or something? i hope it's just the cable... i don't think it did too much damage:(

Sometimes when you crash you push the connector that the clutch is screwed onto in the trans itself just enough to make it slip gears, stick or even lock. Just depends how hard you hit it in there, if that is the case!

·
Registered
135 Posts
WELL AINT THAT ABOUTTABITCH?! that is one helluva break...ive been fortunate enough to not got down severly on the Kawi yet, but have had my fair share of breaks and snaps and shyt from motocross...and the foot is one of the most P.I.T.A. cuz its somethin your on all day...anywho..(plus i snowboard so that sucked too...lol)
HEAL UP MAN..definately get that crash cage on and watch that BP

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.