Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
June 29th, Palomar mountain, im part of a six bike group goin up the mountain, im the fifth bike and we hit what i believe is turn six (where kneedown photos always sets up for anybody whos been there and seen him), but its the curve that goes right right before the left leading to the second cow grate. I come into the turn a little too hot on my 2007 Suzuki GSXR 750 and it causes me to slide out into the opposite lane, thank god nobody was coming,

but i get hot headed (big mistake) and drop gears, shoot the throttle to get back in but now i have to make the left and i dive in and throw the bike to the left , get the kneedown and then i feel the elbow start draggin (at this point im thinkin holy shit way too fast for the conditions of this mountain) and then it happened, back wheel comes out and im low slidin for about 30 feet when the bike catches and flips to highside and shoots me about 15 feet in the air (according to the biker who was right on my tail when this happens and i come down head first with my left wrist pinned in between my helmet and the ground,

i black out and wake up with everyone standin above me tellin me not to move and apparently my first response to anything was hows my bike. One of the guys who i know very well who was standin right next to me saw the whole thing from the pull off and he told me he swore i was dead. We get me up get my bike loaded and then the ambulance arrives and they ask me how i am and i just start having the adrenaline wear off when i realize i still have all my gear on and my left wrist is startin to kill me.

they take the glove off to find some of the bone has come out of the skin on the outside part of my wrist and my wrist is morbid. I refuse their service cause i have my own hospital to go to that wont leave me with a huge bill from an ambulance ride. We get to the hospital and they inform me that the bones in my wrist are powdered so im in surgery the following Monday and it comes to my luck that ive broken my bones off in such a way that they can completely replace them with Cadavers ( i think thats how they spell it, ya know donated bone from dead people) that has a match for me to completely replace it all and then they put in the hardware which would include plates, pins, and screws

so now i have a fake wrist from the bottom portion of my hand till about six inches down so ive got three monstorous scars. Now its August 23rd ive gotten myself a brand new 2008 zx6r my gsxr was so trashed that i converted it into a track bike and now ive been riding for about two weeks already and i love the kawasaki's new zx6r more than any other bike ive ever been on. lesson learned stay calm dont get hot headed and as for palomar not happening anytime soon and alot more of my riding will be on the track.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man... It sucks that you went down that hard and trashed your bike and all. But deffinately am glad to hear you're alright and ridin again. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the support but yeah, originally i wa skeptikal about wanting to go to the track cause i had this false belief inmy head that to go to the track youve got to be awesome and im not gonna lie ive been told im very good for my time on a bike but i also just didnt see the point of going to a track and having to pay to have the same fun i could have on a back road but now i understand that there are classes of riding and the track is definitely a lot more controlled than a 2-3 mile mountain of turns with about 30-60 riders shotting up and down at a time. I mean i just had a friend of mine pass away last weekend on the same mountain but he never should have been there in the first place so its hard lesons learned for that mountain.

·
Registered
905 Posts
shit man glad ur ok!

(btw, it'd be alittle easier to read that long post if a couple periods were thrown in there lol ;))

and welcome to the kawi darkside :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeah i know i thought that was going to be a little poost and next thing i now ive written a biography.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Kawis are awesome man...ive always loved them. my ZX-6 is my first street bike and im loving every minute of it, even if im not dragging knee! good thing youre ok, you could have been a lot worse off. and your wrist isnt "fake"...its still bone. lucky for you they replaced it all and didnt have to fuse it like ive seen with many other people!

and glad it wasnt your right wrist...i wonder if anyones ever put a thumb-throttle on a street bike before. ive seen it on dirt bikes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Kawis are awesome man...ive always loved them. my ZX-6 is my first street bike and im loving every minute of it, even if im not dragging knee! good thing youre ok, you could have been a lot worse off. and your wrist isnt "fake"...its still bone. lucky for you they replaced it all and didnt have to fuse it like ive seen with many other people!

and glad it wasnt your right wrist...i wonder if anyones ever put a thumb-throttle on a street bike before. ive seen it on dirt bikes.
ive seen a bike where they used a four wheeler throttle that was push button but i call it fake cause there is so much metal in the wrist now

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
wild story, glad you're okay though.

Can another lesson learned be to turn one large paragraph into many smaller ones :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol everyone is a hater on my large paragraph my bad

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
wow man sucks that happened to you. could have turned out worse. same kinda thing happened to me in the mountains but i lowsided and the bike went off and left me on the road. bike barely got messed up though. i really like the yellow 6r. nice choice:thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i love the yellow too i just wanted a color that isnt common in the bike world and i love the whole black powder coating of just about everything

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yeah thats a crazy story glad ur ok.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man now its just takin things a day at a time to get my wrist to fully rotate again. thank god i didnt hurt my right wrist or id be in a world of hell right now. Question: how the hell do you get rep points on here it feels like every person i see has like 1000 points and i have 10.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah thats the thing im scared of is being to weak to really control my bike cause i really want to be able to start doing my racing but im just worried that the first time i really go to press into a turn i might wind up right back in my cast.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah it will definitely be track days for a while but im already on therapy for five days a week an hour and a half so hopefully this fixes my wrist cause im dyin to get back to really tearin open my bike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just after and the hour following the accident, how bad did your arm/wrist/hand hurt? Did it feel like someone blew your wrist off with a shotgun, or a deep burning sensation or like someone just popped you in the wrist with a pnuematic 3" nail gun 5 or 8 times or?

Just curious. I'm glad they were able to rebuild your wrist so you have use of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol kind of morbid but um.... right afterwards i couldnt feel it but i couldnt move it either but then when the ambulance came and they removed my glove it felt more like someone lit my wrist on fire and that it would just keep getting hotter and hotter but then at the hospital when the doctor went to put my hand in the finger trap to pull my wrist back into place and set the bone for the cast so much pain shot into my hand that i actually kicked the doctor in the stomach so then they put me under to set my bone and the doctors said that i still fought them even under the anesthesia.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts