Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comming up to a light on Monday afternoon at about 40. It turned yellow and i decided i didnt want to run it. I braked preety hard, but nothing crazy. I heard a humming/screeching noise over the engine braking and thought to myself "wow, i dont think im stopping hard enough for the front tire to skid" I come to a complete stop and still hear the noise. I then realized, that noise wasnt comming from me. Befor i could pop the cluth and try to move....BANG. It felt like a horse kicked me in the ass. I flew through the intersection supermanned, holding onto the bars. Landed back on the bike, hit the brakes and threw the kickstand down. My back hurts, my ass hurts, muzzys slip on is fucked, rear rim bent, sub frame bent, right mid fairing popped at the frame mount, front gas tank bolt paint cracked, left mid fairing paint cracked. Thats all i saw. I was riding it to the dealership to get it check and the rear tire blew out. I dont know if ill see a doctor, ill see how the pain is. i really dont have the time to leave work and go to all the doctors to start a medical claim. Ill get the highest possible estimate from the stealership, pay their $85 diagnostic fee, and then fix er up myself. It really sucks because last night i just got my galfer braided lines and pads and -1 front sprocket in the mail. I guess its not all bad tho. Probably looking a new paint job and full exhaust. Well see what the estimate is.

Reactions: IlBLisSlI

·
Registered
70 Posts
Damn, that sucks but glad to hear that you were able to ride away. Now here is my two cents...I hope you got their info and I hope that you will go and see a doctor. You never really know what could be wrong. I'm not saying be lawsuit happy but just make sure that you are covered. You shouldn't have to pay for your doctor visits or your bike getting fixed!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
:eek:Go to the Doctor asap!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
sucks to hear. i would think if he hit you hard enough to crack the paint on the middle of the bike it probably bent the frame. if that's the case sorry bout the totaled bike :(

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Tomorrow will be much worse trust me get it on record you will be taken care of.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Also ALWAYS check your rearview, this is the 2nd or third rear ended thread I am reading. Anytime you are about to stop or you slow down, you should know what or who is behind you. You can then determine the best action to take(in this case run yellow or move over if free lane available).

Keep in mind many cagers always run yellow lights and many run reds, so they tend to floor it once they see it change color from green to yellow.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Go to the doctor, insurance windfall aside, you need to make sure you get an potential medical issues taken care of! Back injuries can take days or even weeks to show up in full. Don't screw around with it.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but at least you're okay!

:needpics1:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also ALWAYS check your rearview, this is the 2nd or third rear ended thread I am reading. Anytime you are about to stop or you slow down, you should know what or who is behind you. You can then determine the best action to take(in this case run yellow or move over if free lane available).

Keep in mind many cagers always run yellow lights and many run reds, so they tend to floor it once they see it change color from green to yellow.
I know that was a mistake on my end. I thought it was my tire making the noise, i was lookin for the cross walk paint. I have gone down once befor like that. The paint is real smooth and under hard braking, the tire looses traction on it.

The driver stopped and apologized and went on to say how he thought i was going to run it so he was following. I got all his info, notified my insurance, which is contacting his. Its not about being lawsuit happy or the wages. Its my family company, we are rediculously busy, and if im gone, theres no one to pick up my end of the work. Its just physically impossible to get to a doctor this week unless im in some serious pain.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I wasn't advocating a lawsuit, I just know many people cannot afford to take off from work. Usually insurance will pay them lost wages, in your case, I guess differnt story. I would still get it checked out, back injuries show up in weeks often. Get it on record you are in pain and went in, maybe they can find something now.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Stupid drivers, as if every yellow light needs to be run.

I'm with sushi, gotta watch your rearview when slowing/stopping and even after being stopped. Also get checked out, better to have the injury/pain documented now than trying to get paid for it later and the insurance/lawyers arguing the accident was x time ago and your now saying you got injured from it.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
glad ur alright man. sux about ur job tho, it's not the wages, it's the work that has to be done. so ur looking to get the settlement check on the bike and fix it urself rite?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the estimate in today from the dealership.

Subframe
plate and signal bracket
signals
Wheel assembly
Tire
Exhaust
R Mid fairing
R inner fairing

$3080.65

·
Registered
356 Posts
Glad you're still in one piece!

I like reading these stories because it helps me learn from them, and reinforces the habits I have like typically running yellow lights if I'm not sure if anyone's behind me, or always checking my mirrors before braking hard.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
glad you're ok- good to hear the frame is ok, and it's relatively minor damage!

are you feeling ok?
Im goin to the chiropractor today to get checked out. I have to meet with a lawyer tomorrow. My neck and mid back is real stiff. Its getting to the point where its impossible to make it through a night without waking up. Theres no way to get completely comfortable. Well see what they say at the doctor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey man, sorry what happened. I noticed the house in your avatar and it looks vaguely familiar. What part of long island are you on? I've seen a black zx6r over the summer in LB. Just wondering if it was you?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Im goin to the chiropractor today to get checked out. I have to meet with a lawyer tomorrow. My neck and mid back is real stiff. Its getting to the point where its impossible to make it through a night without waking up. Theres no way to get completely comfortable. Well see what they say at the doctor.
chiropractor??? do yourself a favour and go to an osteopath instead.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
whoa.....im glad your doing alright for the most part, Im sorry I didnt see this earlier, Best of luck with you and your bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts