Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a call today that its in BUT Kawi sent a black one instead of the SE green. Debating now if I want this bike or to get my down payment back to fix the AC in my car and wait till next year since Kawi isnt shipping anymore this year.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
That's shitty. I would say get the bike you want, don't settle. Though AC in the car is definitely nice to have in the summer. LOL. I had to replace the core in my AC on my Dodge Ram a few years ago, but I opted to do it myself. Due to my work schedule it took me about 4 days to do, but I had my car to take me to and from work just fine. That's a pricey fix, man. You're looking at $600 minimum due to the labor to tear the dash apart to get to the core, which is typically the problem. Over time they spring a leak and all your freon goes out the freakin' drain. Hopefully your problem is simpler. I'd go to an auto parts store, get a recharge kit with the gage on it, and press up the system. If the pressure on the gage goes down and the air doesn't get cold within a few seconds after starting the car, then you've got a leak and it's likely in the core. BTW the core is literally a small radiator inside the dash board where freon travels through. If the pressure on the gage is too high, then you'll need to bleed pressure down to where it needs to be (read the instructions, I don't recall the pressure). It could be as simple as that. Good luck, man. I hope all works out for ya.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Go look at in in person. I went with the black and it is one beautiful bike. I agree on getting what you want but I would look at in in person, may just like what you see.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Went over and it is indeed a pretty nice looking bike so I signed for it. They took 300 off because of the color and that it took so long and are delivering it tomorrow to my house for free. Figured I can always buy a second set of fairings in a different color. Bout $4500 out the door and I bought an extended warranty so anything happens on that bike in the next 5 years shit is free. Plus the dude doing the paper work called me out on wearing a Black Flag shirt.

haha As for my car I gotta replace the compressor and its one of those where well if you do the compressor you need to do the valves. Tack on it being a VW TDI.... $1200. Here's to a Carolina summer not killing me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
and I bought an extended warranty so anything happens on that bike in the next 5 years its free.
:Laughing rolling: Unfortunately that's not exactly how it works.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Extended warranty is worthless...
Most likely nothing will happen in the next 5 years to your bike other then wwear and tear items needing replacing.
How much extra was the coverage? If you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
277 Posts
I thought if you saw it in person you would change your mind. Congrats! I really like my black also. I constantly get compliments on mine, dude that's a beautiful bike. Well that's what they talk like here in So Cal.

I do not like any shade of green, so for me Black, Blue, Red, White are all options when it comes to the 250R for me.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i had a hard time understanding the problem of this thread, but i think i got it. my advice; don't sweat the color. get out there and ride. this ain't a fashion show. besides, you can't see much of the color of your bike while you're riding it anyway. black is fine. you'll love it. you'll see...

edit; if it makes you feel better, buy some bright green leathers. :D

s3aturnr

·
Registered
277 Posts
i had a hard time understanding the problem of this thread, but i think i got it. my advice; don't sweat the color. get out there and ride. this ain't a fashion show. besides, you can't see much of the color of your bike while you're riding it anyway. black is fine. you'll love it. you'll see...

edit; if it makes you feel better, buy some bright green leathers. :D

s3aturnr
Do not forget the Scott Russell Apache Helmet to go with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah, I mean it would have been nice to have the green but now I have a blank canvas to do whatever with. Really what it came down to was I got to the dealer and dude's like yep thats yours right there and its like now that I'm in a better position to own a bike saying no over something like color would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Extended warranty is worthless...
Most likely nothing will happen in the next 5 years to your bike other then wwear and tear items needing replacing.
How much extra was the coverage? If you dont mind me asking
Recently picked up a 2010 from a dealership and my father opted to get the extended warranty. 4 additional years for $480.

(Not OP)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Recently picked up a 2010 from a dealership and my father opted to get the extended warranty. 4 additional years for $480.

(Not OP)
did the dealer take any money off the origional price because it is 2010? my dealer said that 2011 black and 2010 red were both around 4k. he didnt say an exact price. i like the red so i was wondering if they took a chunk off because its already a year old

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Honestly its mostly a piece of mind thing. Id rather have it and never have to use it rather than not have it and something happens that would be covered. I have shit luck at times. Thought I mentioned it before but $525 for the extended warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
did the dealer take any money off the origional price because it is 2010? my dealer said that 2011 black and 2010 red were both around 4k. he didnt say an exact price. i like the red so i was wondering if they took a chunk off because its already a year old
We paid with a check in full so we got a decent deal. Would have been just over 4k but I got a jacket and helmet at the time as well, in addition to the extended warranty.

The blue is beautiful =]

·
Registered
331 Posts
I dont know if anyone told you yet but this is a trick by the dealer. Since black is usually in high demand they want to trick you by saying oh we only got this color want to take it?

This happen to me at my dealership. 2008 right when they came out i wanted black. i waited a very long time too and they said all we got was red. I saw said i'll wait for black. next day they said oh a black on came in. Just wait and dont take the bait

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont know if anyone told you yet but this is a trick by the dealer. Since black is usually in high demand they want to trick you by saying oh we only got this color want to take it?

This happen to me at my dealership. 2008 right when they came out i wanted black. i waited a very long time too and they said all we got was red. I saw said i'll wait for black. next day they said oh a black on came in. Just wait and dont take the bait
Right but I put down 750+250 from a Kawi promo for the SE. I could see that if I didn't put anything down on it and or they weren't having issues getting things from Kawi in general this year because of the tsunami. We're getting the same deal at work dealing with vendors from Japan. Regardless they cut money off of the price and I'm more than happy with it.

Somewhat related Ive heard Kawi isnt taking orders/shipping for the rest of the year. Can anybody confirm/deny?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts