Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not a bad bike at all model was an 04 750, nice power delievery and excellent handling, to be honest the bike felt like a kawi, they handle very similar, in the way that they enter into a corner or whatnot, kinda up in the air on what i'm going to buy next, but i must say that after riding around on that all weekend it definately makes my decision a lil bit harder, just figured i'd share the expirence and see if i'm the only one who thinks that the two companies handle and ride alike ;)

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by nevada
u do know that in 04 the company's WERE the same right? shared design and parts. not sure what else. i think that partnership dissolved in 05 though
ya i heard something about a merger a while back, that could explain alot though

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Partnership ended this year; but the only shared designs since 04 was for dirtbikes.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Did you have an out of body squiddly experience? Did you feel a strange urge to wear sandals, shorts, and a tank top, ditch your lid, and do a bunch of stoppies in town? I've always been afraid to straddle a zuk! [:p][}:)]

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
Did you have an out of body squiddly experience? Did you feel a strange urge to wear sandals, shorts, and a tank top, ditch your lid, and do a bunch of stoppies in town? I've always been afraid to straddle a zuk! [:p][}:)]
LOL, i know exactly what your saying, EVERYONE around here that rides one fits the bill, guess they wanna end up like Big Ben eh?? not my problem

·
Registered
950 Posts
Seemingly, they all do here. Other problem is though, so do many other sportbike riders here. I make fun, but only cause I wear my gear semi often. (here come the flames) I wonder how many of those guys don't even own gear!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
my buddy has a 97 GSXR750 with a full yosh pipe and yosh cams...that thing is FAST..will walk on my 05 6R, and at my skill level it handles just as good, when we ride it doesn't matter if we switch bikes...in the corners he always pulls away:(

G

·
lmao

im sure they're great bikes. but damn do most of their riders sure give it a bad name. i wouldnt own one only b/c of their squidly image.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seemingly, they all do here. Other problem is though, so do many other sportbike riders here. I make fun, but only cause I wear my gear semi often. (here come the flames) I wonder how many of those guys don't even own gear!
the least i'll go w/o is MAYBE the jacket but gloves & helmet are a guarantee, well that and jeans and shoes

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
A buddy of mine let me ride his 04 Gixxer 1k a few days before he wadded it going 90 into a tight L curve wearing running shoes, shorts, a t-shirt, and a $60 helmet. I must say, I was very impressed. The power was very controlable, and the handling was great...he had his suspension set up for someone my weight (sadly enough, he had just bought it the day before, let me ride it that next day, then wadded it literally a week to the day after he bought it, totaled the piss out of it) and had a scotts damper and SS brake lines, and I have my 636 suspension set up with the Scotts and SS lines, and it handled very similarly. It felt a -tad- heavier going into the corners, but it was still very flickable, but planted. I really dug it. It's just too bad that 90% of people who ride the 04 Gixer 1k have no idea how nice of a bike it really is, for the purpose it was meant for. I hate the 05/06 Gixxers, and the 02 1k is a friggin tank, but they really hit it on the money with the 04. Again...it's just too bad.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636

lmao

im sure they're great bikes. but damn do most of their riders sure give it a bad name. i wouldnt own one only b/c of their squidly image.
Thats why I didnt buy one for awhile, and cause they were ugly but some of you guys need to ride an 06 600 or 750 and you will see what your missing[:p]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i have no problems w/ the bikes, but i gotta agree w/ ninjakid, the image just kills it for me. I guess that wouldnt stop me from getting one, but it def. doesnt help in my decision

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The main thing that turns me off about Suzuki's is that EVERYONE Has one! I LOVE cruising around on my silver 03 9r, I've seen one of them in the same color since I've owned it.. and I've spent a lot of time on the road. Every young guy that I pass is on a gixxer 600. I like to stand out a bit, and also, I've always heard suzuki was the least dependable of the four big jap companies.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I do hear that the newer suzuki's do perform wear if you wear proper gear... I mean flip flops and tank-tips add HP!!! :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by rockstar84
The main thing that turns me off about Suzuki's is that EVERYONE Has one! I LOVE cruising around on my silver 03 9r, I've seen one of them in the same color since I've owned it.. and I've spent a lot of time on the road. Every young guy that I pass is on a gixxer 600. I like to stand out a bit, and also, I've always heard suzuki was the least dependable of the four big jap companies.
yea there are alot of ppl w/ them BUT i don't buy them to be different or anything i just like to ride, and i've got a dilema right now because i dont' know which i want 636 or 750 but i've got time i suppose

·
Registered
802 Posts
Originally posted by Dalarast
I do hear that the newer suzuki's do perform wear if you wear proper gear... I mean flip flops and tank-tips add HP!!! :D
Well... it doesn't add horsepower, but it increases the power/weight ratio [:M86]

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84
Agreed! Not many 636's around me, and I do enjoy everyone looking at it and complimenting. It's nice to have something diff. Had some hot college girl in her cage the other day pull up beside me at a stop light and said "That's the sweetest bike I've ever seen!" I smiled and said thanks; that's all I could do. THE GF WAS ON THE BACK! UG! :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.