Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow it took like 2 hours just to bang all that shit out, but it was worth it, some of you guys said you lost alot on the bottom?? I didnt lose any at all. Infact it did feel a little smoother throught the P band. That fuckin stock exhaust has to go.. it's so heavy I weighed it on my scale and it read 13 pounds.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree, I did mine last week and I love it, I notice the same thing and a little bit more raspier exhaust note, not much but for free why not!

·
Registered
254 Posts
have u had any problems with the fuel inj light comin on after clearin out the cat?.....i would assume that its goin to make it run diff either leaner or richer....my bike already runs rich so i would like to avoid richening it up more....lol

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ahenson636
have u had any problems with the fuel inj light comin on after clearin out the cat?.....i would assume that its goin to make it run diff either leaner or richer....my bike already runs rich so i would like to avoid richening it up more....lol
No sir, as long as you hook the SUPER AWSOME VRROOM VALVE back up you should be good to go, but as your "gutting" it your going to have to turn it on and the valve will be removed therefore the FI light will come on so dont be alarmed. If your really considering doing this you better have some time on your hands. It may seem that the shit your trying to bang out wont come out but trust me it will lol..

·
Registered
810 Posts
Maybe i'm ignorant but whats the advantage of removing the cat exactly ? [:Repost]

·
Registered
254 Posts
well i have a slip on so i no longer have the exhaust valve......and i know how much it can suck to gut cats i did them on my 90 mustang 5.0L hammer, big ass screwdriver, and a crow bar and a lot of time ....haha

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
Maybe i'm ignorant but whats the advantage of removing the cat exactly ? [:Repost]
IMO, the biggest advantage is that you average about 10 degrees cooler exhaust temperatures.

·
Registered
438 Posts
yeah what about us without the exhaust valve(slipon)would it still work?and has anyone with a slip on done this[?]

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by lance0206
yeah what about us without the exhaust valve(slipon)would it still work?and has anyone with a slip on done this[?]
The CAT is down in the collector so removing it would have the same overall effect with the stock or slip on muffler. I noticed a drop in exhaust temp as well which results in better thermodynamic efficiency. A more noticable change was the engine temp drop when I went to a manual CCT instead of the oil pump driven one.

Q

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Originally posted by ahenson636
I would assume that its goin to make it run diff either leaner or richer....my bike already runs rich so i would like to avoid richening it up more....lol
If anything it should lean it out because of increased airflow.

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Originally posted by Tristan
if a street only bike, pure waste of time
Not if you like the way it sounds. Probably better on the motor too since exhaust pressures would be reduced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.