Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night had a fucked up dream where I got a flat tire on the bike. Woke up this morning to move the bike from my old apartment to the new one....took it down the street and it felt strange as hell - pull over to find front tire completely deflated! SUCKS!

so theres a huge nail, and F#$% it theyre stock tires anyways. My question is do you think its just cheaper to order 2 tires from the dealer and get them to install for free? I dont plan on taking the rims off the bike, so I think getting cheaper tires online doesn't pay off. Suggestions? [}:)]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I have nothing to add to this thread other than.........where's your new apt at? I should be getting my bike back in two weeks - any chance we could still meet? Or do I just have too much bad luck? [:p]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by kawizx6r05

aw, cute... [:I]
jealousy is an ugly emotion....you wish you had riding partners out there in dreary old California....;)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by kawizx6r05
i wish i had a bike
+1

what happened to yours?

sorry pink....didn't mean to hijack your thread :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha. its cool. yeah im up in Wayne now....but if u ever decide to stop crashing ur shit maybe we can ride

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Kawi - when you gettin it back? or are you taking some time off?

pink - Wayne? shit...when you said you were moving out of the area i thought you meant like really moving out. yea Wayne ain't that far. i just gotta stop throwing my shit down and maybe we can ride [:p]

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me, i orderd 2 qualifiers from the dealer just to go home and find out i could have gotten half the price online [:0]so i would research it first

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
so you had a 636 that died on 06/03/06 [xx(] should have bought a 999 that would be good til 9 Sept 2009!!
Not my fault, falcon hijacked the thread - im sure Pinksnyper saw it coming anyway :D
Sorry to hear the bad news kawi :(

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,687 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper

My question is do you think its just cheaper to order 2 tires from the dealer and get them to install for free? I dont plan on taking the rims off the bike, so I think getting cheaper tires online doesn't pay off. Suggestions? [}:)]
1) Whenever a dealer (or anyone) says, free this or free that. IT'S NOT FREE. The cost of mounting your tires for "free" is built into the price you pay for them = you get raped. 2) Find someone who will mount and balance your tires for $15-$20 a wheel and pull the wheels yourself. I know you said you don't plan on it but you will get hosed if you don't. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Monmouth Cycles is having a special with Dunlop if you buy a rear they give you the front for free !!!!

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,687 Posts
Originally posted by 02ZX6R
Check that place out. The price is pretty good with free shipping. Thats if you want the pilots.

http://www.compacc.com/category.cfm?Category=1252
Competition Accessories is where I get my Powers from as well but they do charge $10 a tire cuz it's considered an oversized item or some such reason. I still haven't found a better price and they are at my door in 3 days.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by simmons5
Monmouth Cycles is having a special with Dunlop if you buy a rear they give you the front for free !!!!

fing A! I bought a pair of Pilots $239 shipped on ebay. oh well [:p]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.