Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is some pretty fucking shitty news. I was racing at Infineon Raceway, last race of the day, still trying to learn the track, and there was two waves in this race. There was 750 prod (have to cuz I'm a 636) and open prod. Open prod is mostly guys on thousands, including some AMA guys. So, they ran us, the 750's, first and then sent the 1000's to chase us, bad idea. About lap 3 or 4 they catch up and all the leaders are frantically trying to pass me and a couple guys behind me. I made a mistake going into 2, had been having trouble with it all weekend, and a guy came up the inside and bumped me out. I was thinkin, so this is what its like to make contact, thats not bad. Then I'm going towards 3a, getting on the brakes and starting to initiate the turn and David Bell, fast AMA guy, tries to get around the outside of me. Literally there was no room and he had no business to try that pass. Basically he cut off my line, took out my front tire, we both got caught up and crashed. My bike is DONE. My baby went flipping all over the place, as did I. I'm pretty sure I broke my wrist, I'll find out in the morning, but everything else is fine. Anyway, the subframe was pointed toward the sky, rear rim bent to hell, wiring harness ripped up, shit everywhere. Don't know yet if the frame's gone but the bike is FUCKED. So now, I owe 9600 (yea I financed it, not much else I could do, and I used all my money for good gear thank god) on a bike that doesn't work, and worse, I'm bikeless. Its the most horrible feeling in the world, needless to say, I was in tears. Another shitty thing, Bell's bike, was fucking fine, a broken windscreen and some fairings. Fucking Bullshit, and he didn't even say a word to me, fuckin walked right past me afterwords. But shit, thats racing, and now I'm gonna have to work my ass off this winter and get a new bike next year, 07 636 anyone!!??!! Plus I have an old 67 mustang I'm putting back together with lots of motor/tranny mods and it had deluxe options from the factory so I'm hoping I can sell that for a good chunk to take care of the debt. A guy I met afterwords said he got the whole thing on camera and said it was a pretty sweet crash scene, as you can imagine. So, as soon as I get the pics I'll throw em up for you guys. In the near future I may be parting out what I have left, depending on the frame, so I'll keep you updated on that, too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
dude, that makes me wanna cry

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
that does suck dude.. Hit up eBay and see what luck you have there.
Bell should offer to pay up some, if not all. The owness is on the overtaker to perform the move without incident.

On the other hand, if you take the bike on the track, you've got to be prepared for the worst every time. If you didn't want to risk a bin, then the track probably wasn't the best idea.. Does suck tho..

Hope your wrist isn't busted up, but you should get that checked asa. Last thing you want is your wrist putting you out more cos you didn't get it checked sooner!

All the best mate..

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update-- the wrist is broken. I get a hard cast on Wednesday and the doc said it should be on about 7 weeks (fuck). The reason I didn't kick his ass was 1) my wrist hurt like a mother, 2) I was too emotionally tore up to even look at his prick face, and 3) I would've gotten kicked out of AFM for sure. I agree Bell should offer to at least cover something, but he is in not way obligated to and I gaurantee he probably won't do anything. To him I'm probably just another novice that got in his way, and thats the shitty attitude that doesn't belong in any kind of racing. Haven't gotten pics of the crash yet, but I'll try to get some pics of the bike up today.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
You need my to take hm out at the knee's?
What a fucking asswhole..whats his name again?
If you cant pass someone then get a clue, as if you wreck someone else while trying to pass that is on you....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry about the bike man...not that this helps but karma is a bitch and it always rolls back around. Good luck with the wrist.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No insurance...awww thats not fun....about the fraud issue...would you really feel bad screwing your insurance company by bending the story a tiny bit? Insurance companys are not your friend, they keep there hands out...to collect all your life, then bitch and moan when it comes time to pay out....

If you do have collision, I say roll it off a cliff and make a claim....youll be better off payin the extra insurance over the dead horse .... loan...

jonny

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by jonnyriabov
No insurance...awww thats not fun....about the fraud issue...would you really feel bad screwing your insurance company by bending the story a tiny bit? Insurance companys are not your friend, they keep there hands out...to collect all your life, then bitch and moan when it comes time to pay out....

If you do have collision, I say roll it off a cliff and make a claim....youll be better off payin the extra insurance over the dead horse .... loan...

jonny
That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. The insurance companies are the bad guys? Do you understand the concept of insurance?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. The insurance companies are the bad guys? Do you understand the concept of insurance?
While I don't condone insurance fraud I certainly can agree with him. All they want is $$$ and then when its finally their turn to pay you back? Ask for more $$$. Fuck them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thats just plain horrible. I cant even imagine what I would be feeling if that happened to me. Well im sure that youll have a 07 sooner than u think.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
isnt the rear tire on backwards??

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.