Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3328 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SoCal Ninja rider role call!

I just wanted to see if there was any SoCal Ninja riders out there on this board. My name is Craig and I just got a 03 636 in red. It is a sweet bike so far. How much can you judge in 99mi? If you are in the SD/OC area sound off. Name and bike is enough. I know there are at least 3 of you because I have seen exactly 3 or 4 ninjas on the street. If you cruse around Del Mar, Kerny Mesa, or I5 I want to hear from you.

Craig

·
Il Fappo!!!
11,908 Posts
What's up Craig...

I'm a weekend warrior down here in San Dog, right off of the 54. Normally, I shoot up the 805, ride around the beach, and let her rip on the new extension of the 125.

Enjoy your 636, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Irv Roman

·
Registered
151 Posts
North County 636 Owner here. I picked it up a week ago, and just rode from Fallbrook to Julian today with my wife on back. Too much fun!

JJ

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by neattoes3000

I just wanted to see if there was any SoCal Ninja riders out there on this board. My name is Craig and I just got a 03 636 in red. It is a sweet bike so far. How much can you judge in 99mi? If you are in the SD/OC area sound off. Name and bike is enough. I know there are at least 3 of you because I have seen exactly 3 or 4 ninjas on the street. If you cruse around Del Mar, Kerny Mesa, or I5 I want to hear from you.

Craig
I'm a so cal, huntington beach rider, with an 03 red 636 myself. :p Havent seen really any others except a few at bike nights, etc. None on the road but mine.

03 636
Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
My name is Jason, and I've got a 01 yellow ninja. I live in La Costa and frequently ride all over north county. Lets ride.[8D]

·
Registered
530 Posts
I live in the L.A. area, and ride mostly during weekends. Don't mean to be antisocial, but I wanna improve my skills first (only 2.5k miles riding experience to date) before I ride with other people in the canyons so I'm not a danger to others.

BTW, you can click on "Members" and sort the list by city (you'll have to try different phrasings, e.g., LA, Los Angeles, etc.)

·
Registered
151 Posts
micty,

I somewhat agree with your feeling, but since I am fairly conservative on the street and plan to stay that way, I really don't have any worries about riding with anyone. I ride my own pace and don't worry about faster (or the few slower) riders. One of the nice things about being old is I don't worry about keeping up.

I do plan to try some track days in a few months, and I also want to try the California Superbike school too.

I live right at the junction of 76 and I 15 (the gateway to Palomar) so I do live in bike road county. If anyone is heading this way and wants a "slow" buddy with a fast bike, let me know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,

FYI, riding in a "sane" group is a great way to improve your skills because you watch what the guy in front of you is doing and you can follow his line, turn in and breaking points. YOu will be surprised how much you can learn. At the track day I did a few months ago I was the only one trying to follow and keep up with an instructor and my skills improved dramatically. Just find a group of people who are out to enjoy the ride, not race.

Craig

·
Registered
530 Posts
About riding "sane," there's a safe and fun way to enjoy group riding called "the Pace," which has been widely quoted. See, e.g., http://www.ridehsta.com/html/safety.htm But I don't understand it completely. (If anyone can explain it, thanks in advance)

Anyway, if anyone wants a slow riding buddy, let me know. I live in the San Gabriel Valley.

jjordan93, fyi a bunch of us are organizing a track day on 7/27 Sun. in Fontana, CA. You can probably get a 25% discount (I gotta verify with fastrackriders first). If you're interested, check out /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5869

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sup Craig, I live I san Diego (Point Loma) 03 zx-6rr full Akrapovic just went riding on Palamar Mt. last week the r6's could not keep up we should get a ride togeter in So Cal does anyone want to.....

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Wassup buddy,,,,,it's gman again...if you wanna ride and live near oc, check out xtremehabits.com
we have member from LA county too and visitors form SD county.
Everyone is welcome as we just want to promote our sport...

·
Registered
26 Posts
SoCal includes the SouthBay, right? Hi - I'm Cathy, a bit north of you - Hermosa Beach. I have a yellow ZX6R (my 3rd bike) currently in the mid break-in stage.

CW

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is a good for people to ride. I think getting a gourp of ninjas together to hit palomar would be great! I took my 636 there today for the first time and thing is excellent. It is nice to finally ride a bike that is better than me. One strange thing happened. I misjudged a turn and got on the brakes pretty hard and the bike started to shudder. I think the rear was hopping around Because I never lost control. It was just weird. It is nice to see a good showing of SoCal Ninjas.

Craig

·
Registered
107 Posts
does any one want to go to palomar sun june 22, it would be so cool to see a dozen or so ninja roll up to mothers all together zx6rriders club represent.... NINJA'S RULE THE STREE IN 03!!!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can we schedule for Sat June 21, I am not sure Sunday. I am hang out in OC with most of them are Suz, Hon and Yami only one red 636 and mine is 2000 GREEN. Let me know where can we meet at ?
Lather bro

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Go to Margarita Rocks in Oceanside on Thursday the 19th. You'll meet people JUST LIKE YOU! If you can't make it there, go to Hooter's on Katella in Anaheim Friday. The xtremehabits crew will be rollin. If you need more info on xtremehabits go to xtremehabits.com
We have our official bike night on Friday July 11,but some people are going to hang the on the 20th because Hooters is celebrating it's 20th anniversay. 20% off you tab.
Gman

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im up in the bakersfield area, its the top of socal/bottom of central califonia I guess. Anybody ever ride up around here?

·
Registered
143 Posts
[}:)]i am from north o.c. i have alot of friends who ride i have only been canyon riding once on my new 636. and that's because the last time i went canyon riding i layed it down(01 f4i) into a guard rail but that was almost a year ago. i am all healed up now, just a heads up watch out for new pavement an new striping i came in hot on a left hand hairpin lost it on the paint and when it hit the pavement it didn't catch well live and learn. anyway if you want to get a ride together e-mail me. [email protected]

aaron torres

·
Registered
32 Posts
Craig
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a so cal, huntington beach rider, with an 03 red 636 myself. :p Havent seen really any others except a few at bike nights, etc. None on the road but mine.

im also from huntington beach 03 zx-6r

Dane

1 - 20 of 3328 Posts