Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to say but i sold my 03 zx6rr and bought a 06 SV650 Its a great bike to taking racing and ride the streets and with the torque it makes it mroe fun to ride!!

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,871 Posts
I've read a lot of reviews on the SV that really praised it's handling on the track, especially for a budget twin. Personally, if you wanted more torque you could have sold the RR and bought a 636 and went -1 +2 on the sprockets. Gave me more torque than I know what to do with on the street in the first two or three gears. I smoothed out my fuel curve, and now it doesn't even want to wheelie in first on smooth throttle because the mapping doesn't have any peaks in it, but if I chop it in second it stands right up. I probably lost a little horse in the mid range from surges in power being smoothed down, but I'd rather have the power be usable than peakey and making the wheel want to lift. But definately, kudos on going for what you want. A lot of people on here might not agree with you, but it's your bike.
[:+1]

·
Registered
803 Posts
The SV is a great practical bike for everyday riding. I'm thinking about an SV 1000 for my next bike after I push the cruiser over a cliff before it bores me to death.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Well if its your only bike,well different strokes fordifferent folks..
And if your doing track days you would of been better off on your 600RR.Just a matter of preferance.

As what has been said why not adjust gearing?
or were just wantingsome change?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i used to own an sv awhile back and started to miss the old thing! and to me the rr was just getting to boring so i thought why no go for some change so i drove 2 hours away to pick it up. that was like the only red one in the state!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.