Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought a CBR 600rr 2003 model.

The reason I'm asking here is cause I normally get alot of good input from the Kawi folks on here, and its also a 600, so alot of the same rules should apply.

Now, its an imported bike, straight from Japan I think. Those models come out heavily restricted. When I first test drove it it was limited at 187KM/h . I spoke to the shop, they said that they will obviously take of the governer before we get it. (its the same thing with all their imported bikes). THey also said they will take out some plates in the airbox and open up the exhaust. Well be got it, and it pulls muich betetr now, governer is out.

My question?

I still think it can run better, the power delivery feels a tad uneven. In first it pulls quite madly up to about 10K rpm's then it doesn't accelerate as fast as before 10K. I also with my heavy ass only get about 205KM/h on it, which is about 215 on our bikes. My wife gets 225KM/h sometimes which is close to 240 on our bikes.

I'm thinking Dyno, air fuel ratio must be fcked up because of bigger airbox and bigger exhaust?

Or do you guys think it performs like it should?

Thanks a stack

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a Dyno will sort this? I was thinking of maybe a power commander? BUt in theory, a power commander is just somehitng that you can adjust your bike with yourself? Where as a dyno will do the same job but just once off.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
you must have a PCIII or a piggy back tuning device to adjust the bike on a dyno ,the OEM CPU cannot be adjusted, a piggy back one must be used. The dyno is needed becausethe fule mixture can be adjusted by small RPM increments along with Throttle position, adjusting the fuel by yourself by way of the three button is like playing three blind mice/

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Most of the bikes imported into Japan are restricted as that is how they restict new young riders on the bikes.

The bikes are no different from a regular bike from the factory, the restiction peices are put after the fact from a dealer or shop. Make sure that not only the airbox restictors are gone but also make sure the throttle body ones are gone as well. I have heard of them putting some in their as well.

then change the plugs in it, being it is resstricted it make them run really rich and may of have fouled the plugs out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.