Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[V]
I now have 4K on my 06 zx10 and 400 on my 06 CBR1000 ..... The ZX10 can destroy my CBR but the Front End feels like a Truck. I'm hoping swapping out the tires will fix it.

ZX10 has beter plastic, fit and finsh, tripple trees, rotor, screen, body work, POWER, smother and I have them both so it make no difference to me which one is best. But, the front feels like a @#$ Truck and thats why I bout the CBR1000rr 06. The CBR feels exactly like a 02 - 03 R1 but more power and handling. I had 2 of the 02 R1's and a 00 R1.

The ZX10 rocks but handles like shit .... so can someone please please help with this.

Thank You,

Brian

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some additional information .... past bikes 2 * 02 R1, 200 R1, 00 ZX9R, 2 * 98 CBR900 RR, 04 GSXR750, and others but not in Sam caliber.

I shared that to show I have a pretty solid platform on how the bike should handle along with the obivous question about skill.

Regarding 04 zx10R .... it is a completely different bike regarding to handling. It closer to the First Generation R1 than to the 06 ZX10R.

Regarding Rear Tire .... Taller and Wider tires dramatically change the handling .... the new ZX10R has a Track Tire (Tall 190/55) so it Falls Into the Corners but Turns like a bus a slow (50 and under) speeds. It also cause the Motor to spin up harder. So that’s where to start.

Last note ..... guys with the 06ZX10R..... Guys most all of the bikes and the MAGS just suck when giving the Write Ups. Most of them rated my 06 CBR1000RR as 2nd Place but it cant hold a stick to my 06 ZX10R. Trust me on that because I ride them back to back and compared every inch from side to side.

Now if I can get the damn handling down I will have the perfect bike.

My fear is .... it's the New ZX10R Fork Rake so it CANT be FIXED ... if so then it deserves Last Place.

Thank You Very Much Folks,

Brian

·
Registered
976 Posts
Brian do you have the OEM tires still? if so trash them and spoon on something better, i.e. PP, diablo corsas, etc then ride it.

BD

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's true that the 10r is like a bus/truck. I know that it weighs about the same as the Honda but it is not easy to control the bitch in corners. You need skills to handle the 10r. The stock tires is junk on the 10r, replace it with a better track tire and used it on the track because there are no street tires for this bike yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
HAve you taken the damper off and set the suspnesion? If not, that would be my first thing to do. Then, if the front still feels like a truck, swap out the tires and reset you suspension. Just keep adjsuting until you get the feel you want and then put the damper back on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
when u say it doesnt handels well in corners u mean it fights u when u try to lean it more on the gas.if thats the problem than u have to decrease the rake trail on the bike by lowering the triple clamp on the forks or ading a spacer on the shock to raise the rear.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I did 3 things to make my bike turn and hold a line. 1st. You need a new front tire. The 218 duns that come on the bike are crap. 2nd I went to a 55 rear(bt002 tires fixes both 1&2). 3rd I moved the rear axle up 1/4 inch(drop to a 15 front sprocket and take a link out).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.