Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I would show ya'll my latest and greatest. I plasti-dipped my frame! I also painted the rest of the bike black, but am leaving it apart until I finish my front fork swap this weekend.

Edit: Added the pics with the bike put together. No front fork swap yet, waiting on rim, so I decieded to put it together til the 28th when I get the rim in the mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Different- I would like to see the finished bike before I have an opinion.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
1) how did you do that with the chain there.

2) why didnt you just paint it; that plastidip is going to make you waste your efforts down the line

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Jeff in Kentucky - I should have pic of it up hopefully monday with it together.

@Glocken - 1. I put a trashbag areound the chain the taped it off. Nothing to it! Clean and lube after and its fine.

2. Why do you say that? Plasti-dip is pretty durable stuff and I do not see it as a waste what so ever.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
@Jeff in Kentucky - I should have pic of it up hopefully monday with it together.

@Glocken - 1. I put a trashbag areound the chain the taped it off. Nothing to it! Clean and lube after and its fine.

2. Why do you say that? Plasti-dip is pretty durable stuff and I do not see it as a waste what so ever.
a lot of mix reviews i guess

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My brother has had his car plasi-dipped for 3 years now with no fading, peeling, ect....

Edit: also as a note he has lived in Germany, Colorado, and Florida with this car no issues so as long as you spray it on right weather is not a factor either.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I like it- more of a Ducati or 675R look with the frame a brighter color than the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx Jeff. It was pretty easy to do. Simple to spray, doesn't run, and I didn't take the back tire or engine out to do it either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm wanting to do a similar frame plastidip to mine but I'm worried it won't stand the test of time and I should shell out the cash to get it powdered.

How has it held up since you've done it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has even with an army move where they put it In a crate and stuff enough paper in the box it scratched my plastics but not the plasti dip on my frame.....as long as you do it good and in layers igs pretty sturdy and if the first coat is fibery...ull see what I mean then its a bad can if ur doin it yourself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply, man!

I've plastdipped a couple sets of rims before so hopefully I can use that experience on my frame.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya post up the pics when you get it done. Most guys tear it down to the frame and paint it, but I didnt have a garage at the time so I just taped everything off with trash bags and painters tape while I was doing my 636 fork swap and sprayed it. Its held up with no mess ups.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts