·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you sure do like red:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NinjaRider, probably liked the R6 least of all the bikes I showed here (well, with the exception of the '86 Ninja...) I just never got really confident with it, although I never dropped it either. It always felt really "skittish" to me - nervous I think, no matter how much I tweaked with the suspension settings. I'd rather have back the '96 6R or the '97 GSX-R than that bike, to be honest. Good top end rush, but the bike just never felt planted. The '96 was a beauty. It was as clean as the pic makes it look, and dayam what a wheelie demon. But without a doubt, the '03 is the best of 'em all, so maybe I'll start KEEPING them with THIS one... [8D] Why did I sell 'em? I have "issues". Something about having to have the latest and greatest I guess, you know, never being happy with what I've GOT... drives the missus WILD - and not in a good way.

Arturo, not sure if it's "I like red" or "I don't wanna get a green or yellow bike with all the red riding gear I've collected over the years..." ;)

And druman yeah NinjaRider is right, it's a yellow tire marking pen, and you can find 'em at most Auto Parts places... but I'll warn ya ahead of time, if you're not willing to put the time and effort into it, you can make a real mess of them in a hurry. There's about 3 coats of the stuff and a lot of painstaking effort in it. Dunno if I'd do it again.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie
Why did I sell 'em? I have "issues". Something about having to have the latest and greatest I guess, you know, never being happy with what I've GOT... drives the missus WILD - and not in a good way.

Damn those 'issues.' I swore I'd never sell my bike because of those same freakin problems, but here I am with no motorcycle to ride. Guess that's life for ya :(

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL... well if it came right down to it, I could be almost (ALMOST!) perfectly happy having my '96 back as my sole toy if that's what I could afford. Riding's riding in the end. I'd be a candidate for the mental asylum without a ride... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.