Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about my bike that I'm sure someone can answer on here! I have a 2002 ZX6r, Green too!![:p] 1. Is a "bolt-on" and a "slip-on" the same thing. I'm kinda confused about this!! I here others saying about there getting a slip-on but I was assuming the 02's are Bolt-on's!!??? 2. I'm looking for a exhaust now for next year. What year's are the same. Can I get a exhaust for 98-02? Are the bolt/slipon's the same for these years?? Is everything campatible from 98-02?? 3. I asked this before and didn't get alot of answers, if I get a bolt-on for my bike will I have to get it jetted?? Is it a 50/50 chance, def. will or no I won't have to get rejetted!!? Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'll throw out my 2 cents...

Yes, bolt-on and slip-on are the same "concept" where it's just the exhaust can vs. a whole system. Slip-on's are typically held on with springs and bolt-on's are just that... bolted on. The bolt pattern is the same for the 00-02 but MAY be different for 98-99 (I'm just going by exhaust systems catalog listings.) I slapped a Muzzy Ti canister on my bike
and didn't bother getting it jetted... 90% of the time it runs grrreat, aside from when it gets very hot and humid, but what naturally aspirated engine does like those conditions?

·
Registered
493 Posts
a bolt on system is just a replacement canister where as a slipon system replaces the canister and the mide pipe. you probably wont HAVE to rejet it, but it would smooth everything out and make more power ... goodluck

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again guys for the quick answers!!

I've been looking on the web now and found some prices. Don't know what to get..give some opinions!!

Scorpion or Yosh or Jardine??

Stainless steel or alum or polished alum???

And WHY your telling me what you are!! :D

Member I have a 02 Green, stock except for db windscreen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.