Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for pics of me at the Dragon last weekend and came across this guy with a ninja. I don't know if it is someone on this forum but if it is, you got some serious riding issues man. And no, I'm not talking about your lack of gear. I think its stupid to ride without gear, especially on the Dragon, but thats your choice.

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...hoto=0DAE006X080124&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...hoto=0DAE006X080126&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...hoto=0DAE006X080125&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
first of all, i ordered me 3 8x10 glossy photo's as i'm sure yall did as well haha.

he's riding like he's on a dirtbike. but here's a ? why do u ride a dirtbike the opposite of a streetbike. if it's a stupid ? the o-well but gimme an answer anyway. i know a dirtbike will slide outfrom under u if u leaned it like a street bike but why does it not work to do the streetbike like a dirt bike?

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Ummm. Not sure WHAT to make of this...nice cornering technique???

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
warbuk, that's really not the way to ride a dirtbike, either. You do sit more upright on a dirtbike, but the idea is not to work against the bike, as the guy in those pictures.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think it's a funny picture... don't know anything about technique but he looks like a lollipop

·
Registered
439 Posts
guy is obviously a newb. He is leaning the bike and not his body. Which will eventually get him in trouble somewhere down the line.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
wow the last one is ridonk

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
It's either fear or some dumb-ass DMV test tells you to lean the other way in slow-speed turns. It's a natural instinct to lean the other way like that, but only if you're a total newb. I've caught myself doing it a few times during target fixation, and it really sucks to do that...impossible to lean the bike when doing that.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
at least he'll get a great view of the bike sliding down the asphalt when he lowsides.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i guess he could be going about 10 mph and be a pussy ass retard... ehh. if that's so I can't figure how he was smart/ lucky enough to buy a kawi.. hhmmm

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
That body positioning is seriously frightening. If I saw anybody riding like that, I'd have to ask him to pull over and explain how to lean with the bike a little better. That last picture really looks like he was close to a lowside. [B)]

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That body positioning is seriously frightening. If I saw anybody riding like that, I'd have to ask him to pull over and explain how to lean with the bike a little better. That last picture really looks like he was close to a lowside.
It's even more frightening when you take into account that he is on the Dragon and not wearing gear. Most of the people up there are pretty good riders, at least the ones riding sportbikes. It's definetely not a place for newbs to learn the basics.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.