Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cameback from a crazy ride yesterday and I was wondering what you guys using to clean their helmets??I had a pound of roadkilled bugs on my helmet..Does it have a stuff to eazy clean thoses poor insects died on my Shoei because they are a pain to remove..My jacket too..it looks like I ate a dozen of Hot-dogs with my helmet on and spill shit all over...Dry cleaning?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always use Honda polish. That and....drape a wet rag over the really crusty parts and let it sit for a few minutes. They should loosen up and come off pretty easily after that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by thestick
I always use Honda polish. That and....drape a wet rag over the really crusty parts and let it sit for a few minutes. They should loosen up and come off pretty easily after that.
Yea, that works best for me too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
best stuff i've seen is plexus, and the other stuff i've used is protect-all (like the honda polish). Plexus is safe on any type of clear plastic screens.

·
Registered
916 Posts
your funny rooster!![:M56] where can you get Plexus

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the really mashed on bugs use a towel with really warm water, then once you have all bugs removed hit it with some Plexus, this stuff is the shit.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have an Arai quantum and I use a combination of dishwasher soap and luke warm water, It works like a charm. just make sure you use a soft towel so you won't leave any scratches on the viser or helmet itself. try not to use Windex on a helmet, I used that stuff on my scorpion and HJC and it messed up face shield.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.